Explain to me... "The Hollywood Mod"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zakkfaerum

Reaction score
I have a Stiletto Stage I and I was wondering how difficult it is to perform this mod to the amp without sending it away? What is it going to do?? All help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hey... a fellow 2204 & Stiletto owner. There's a few of us here, cheers.

This has been discussed at length on these boards, so most will probably tell you to run a search on "hollywood mod." But...

The short version is that they made the crunch modes on each channel closer to each other and added more gain to the fluid drive and tite gain modes. If my memory serves me correctly.

I would really like to play a S2 to hear the difference for myself, but I haven't seen one anywhere locally.

'I think as guitar players we’re all the same; nothing matters until it isn’t being made anymore. You guys need to bring stuff out for like three months and then quit making it.

[laughs] Randy and I joke all the time that the best way to make something successful is to quit making it.'

How true - I'm sure the Stage I's will become collectible just like the early Rectos have become. And I don't think that is because they are better or anything - it's just because they don't make them anymore.

Charlie said:
'I think as guitar players we’re all the same; nothing matters until it isn’t being made anymore. You guys need to bring stuff out for like three months and then quit making it.

[laughs] Randy and I joke all the time that the best way to make something successful is to quit making it.'

How true - I'm sure the Stage I's will become collectible just like the early Rectos have become. And I don't think that is because they are better or anything - it's just because they don't make them anymore.

Somehow I don't imagine that this will be the case with the Road King I :lol:

Reworks Channel 2 "Crunch" to be more in line with Channel 1 (in terms of how the Presence knob reacts). Added about 20% more Gain to the Channel 2 "Crunch" and "Tite Gain" modes. Added about 10% more Gain to the "Fluid Drive" mode and made a cut in the "Fluid Drive" sub-lows to remove some "flub".

Silverwulf said:
Reworks Channel 2 "Crunch" to be more in line with Channel 1 (in terms of how the Presence knob reacts). Added about 20% more Gain to the Channel 2 "Crunch" and "Tite Gain" modes. Added about 10% more Gain to the "Fluid Drive" mode and made a cut in the "Fluid Drive" sub-lows to remove some "flub".

....and I like it \m/

Latest posts

Back