EVH on CNN talking about his new guitar...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carlsoti said:
He's starting to sound a bit like my grandpa.
I can totally hear that.

I've never worked a volume 'potentiometer' to the point of over heating and and locking up...

Mongo1 said:
carlsoti said:
I can totally hear that.

I've never worked a volume 'potentiometer' to the point of over heating and and locking up...

Neither has he....the man has lost his mind

grant him some respect! rocky - the professionell guitar consultant - if you would have done what he did to rock n roll i would like to find some nice words for you. but you are out, you are a shame!

Eddie def. goes into the league with james marshall h., stevie ray and others who gave us rock n roll, who lived for it, don't you ever blame someone who lived this dream.

Hey, we're the same age....what are ya trying to say? :p 8) :wink:

Eddie def. goes into the league with james marshall h., stevie ray and others who gave us rock n roll, who lived for it, don't you ever blame someone who lived this dream.

No truer words were ever spoken! :shock: 8) :)

dean69 said:

grant him some respect! rocky - the professionell guitar consultant - if you would have done what he did to rock n roll i would like to find some nice words for you. but you are out, you are a shame!

When you have been so off the wall for 15 years in the press then you are open to taking criticism. EVH used to be a huge hero to me but the Ed that is occupying the world today has lost his mind. It is a shame, he is a case study in what alcohol can do to rot your brain.

Old BF Shred said:

Hey, we're the same age....what are ya trying to say? :p 8) :wink:

No truer words were ever spoken! :shock: 8) :)

I'm not calling anyone old. My Dad is closer in age to EVH than my grandpa was. What I was saying is that he sounds like he's been smoking, drinkin, and living hard for more years than I've had hair down below. Actually, the grandpa I've referenced just passed away. I wrote a little bit about him in the "Bud Light FTW" thread. Listen to the EVH clip, then read the thing about my grandpa and imagine EVH's voice. It's like you're there in the room with my G'pa.

I still give him mad props for what he's done with the guitar. He's still a god, but dayum he's getting whacky. Did you know he invented potting pickups? lol

the butts are going to kill him yet. too bad. maybe if he lost a lung instead of some of his tongue he would have gotten more of a wake up call. AA should offer a followup program to quit the butts. does anyone know a recovering alcoholic who ISN'T a chain smoker?!

Mongo1 said:

No disrespect man, but how many times have you played "Cathedral". Not as many as Ed, I bet :wink: . I don't give a **** how many rehab stints he has done/will do, there is NO denying of the hellish tone of the early albums. Most tracks done with a homebrew guitar and a vintage Marshall, no doubt. :shock:

And to the other point, I believe that the cigarettes will get him, in the end. They are a wicked, somewhat accepted, addiction that a person can abuse all day long :( .

Latest posts

Back