EVH 5150 III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4406cuda said:
I sold my Mark III and kept my Mark V, mostly do to the versatility of the Mark V...I saw a deal for a new EVH 5150 III 50 watt. I ordered it and I got to play it this past weekend. It sounded amazing from the first note. I was able to get a great sound right away. Within 5 or ten minutes I dialed in a sound that was perfect.

I spent 2 days recently with a 5150 III and about 25 years with a MkIII. Keep the Mark and buy the 5150. Complimentary amps, IMO, and are worthy of owning both. In fact, I can't see a comparison between the two at all. Apples and oranges.

Yes, they are definitely apples and oranges. After playing mostly Boogie products on and off since 1989, I needed another flavor of amp. It seems that the 5150 III is kind of flavored like a Soldano with a little bit of Marshall.

I almost forgot that I did this post.

About 3 years now, I still have this amp and I can't imagine myself without it. A perfect shot!

I saw this after posting a short review on the 50 watt. It is listed as New Amp Day 5150 III Combo

Back