EuroTubes? online site for purchasing Tubes replacements

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferdeac

Reaction score
Anybody checked out the EUROTUBES site they sell all sorts of replacement tube kits for all sorts of Amps. I hear good things about some of their replacement tube packages and the man who runs the site contends that his tubes will not damage your mesa in any way so long as you buy the one's he suggests you use in whatever amp you have. He gives a list of all different types of MESA amps and what Tubes seem to work well with them. He Markets a lot of these tubes in sets pre amp and power amp tubes and goes on to give a brief overview of how the tubes will affect some of the amps tone??
Compared to Mesa Tube prices, some of the tube packages seem very fair in overall price and value?

Comments anyone??

I just posted a glowing review of my experience with them today, under the post about JJs and tremoverbs. I could not be happier...his kits can make your amps current sound better, or give you a totally new flavor. Best customer service and products by far.

Thanks for the comment i was looking at a possible kit for a new amp head i have on order stiletto Ace. I don't know how the stock str447's will sound with the stock mesa ax7's. (these ship Stocked from factory to dealer). Some people have complained that they are a little bit on the harsh side. I have also heard that by simply replacing V1 -V3 With the MESA SPAX7's, that it helps warm up the overall tone a little bit. Guess I will have to wait and see. The STR450's they sell seem quite expensive. I Wonder How Much of an improvement they are over the Str447's.

I have been using a set of EL84's in my Nomad 45 for the last three years - bi weekly practices and a few gigs per monthand they still sound great. They were a huge improvement over the stock Mesa tubes. It was easy to hear the increase in clarity with the new tubes. The customer service is also top notch. I'm going to be picking up a 6L6 hi-gain kit for my new Mark IV from Bob as soon as I can :D

I have a set of as new STR-450s that I'm selling if you're interested. They're great tubes...MUCH better than the STR-447s, as anyone here will tell you...I just don't have an EL-34 amp anymore :(

PM me if you're interested!

Eric

I just got 6 of the JJ EL34L's in the mail today for my Triple. I'll give a review of them in a day or two after I run through them for a bit.

Well, I do believe the EL34L's have replaced my TAD 6L6GC STR's as my Most Br00tulz power tubes. I didn't lose ANY low end in comparison to the TADs, the mids are much more punchy and aggressive and the top end is super smooth and creamy. Everything Bob said they's be after about 5 hours of playing. I highly recommend these for anyone wanting ti tighten up their recto with EL34's but not lose that massive recto bottom end.

People can say what they want about JJ's & Bob.

I've been using JJ's in most of the amps I mod & repair for many years with a very low failure rate!

I've also been using a set of Bob's High-Gain 12AX7's for about 3 years and they still sound great!

I think most of the negativity toward Bob was started by Doug at Doug's Tubes.
I ordered a set of his tubes last year for my DC-5 and all he did was talk **** about Bob for an hour.
I really thought he was a dick!
Plus, my amp doesn't really sound like it should. I'm thinking about selling them and getting another set from Bob!

If your amp is naturally dark, like a Recto, you may simply have to change your bass settings.
I have a set in the Dual Rectifier that I just sold. They are staying with me!
They really opened the sound of the amp up a lot and made the clean channel soooooo much better!

FWIW....

my $0.02.....
I had a set of JJ el34's in my Ace. They did not come from Eurotubes, but another well known supplier we have all heard of....The sound was better than stock 447s.....BUT they failed right after warranty ended (started to 'red-plate'). The supplier was awesome and still gave me credit for new tubes, but I am hesitant to try the JJ '34s again.

I have used the JJ 12ax7. They are smooth, but darker sounding, but that is OK in a bright amp (ie Stiletto).
I have had no failures with the JJ 'x7's. 100% reliable so far.

FYI, I am now using VOS (vintage, used) 12ax7's and SED =C= in the Ace because they sound the best to me.

I may try JJ's 34s again in the future, if I continue to hear good news about them, as I may have had a rare, bad set.
Perhaps Eurotubes does a better job of quality screening.....

Good luck :D

I heard that Bob just got some new top of the line gizmo for measuring and testing all his tubes. I have purchased 2 full sets from them for two different amps and couldnt be happier. Plus, Bob has done so much research on just about every boogie amp out there that if youre worried about your amp sounding too dark or something just give them a call and see what they recommend. If you look at their site youll see that there are about 12 different matched packages that they have put together for every amp and you can mix and match also.

I personally do not like them JJ preamps in my Roadster, too dark sounding that my treble control actually became less powerful in shaping tones... :(

JJ's lasted 2 years in my Tri, and to be honest it's all to easy to trust to one mans idea of a quick fix amp 'set'.....I am now totally a NOS convert, and with out having the time at the moment to tell you why...all I can say it's like night and day!! the difference..really is...you have to try...you will never Ever look back.

So in conclusion keep your new production and your valve kits! I don't mean that to rubbish Bob I found him a great guy to talk to! but he like us has to make a living, and his living is making it easy to revalve and be cost effective...

ryjan said:
At eurotubes prices though at least everyone can afford to try them out and decide for themselves.

I'm with you on the costing side.... NOS can be so er, costly...! But I'm Lucky I can make the leap of faith..

I put a set of JJ's in a IIB I gave to my son, and he loves them. Then I bought a set for my Tremoverb Combo, and it sounds great as well. I did have one 6L6 die in just 2 months, but I believe it was due to another problem. Mesa had to replace some LDR's, and replaced the bad tube. I called Bob and asked his advice before purchasing the above mentioned sets and I always found him to be straight forward and willing to answer my questions. I've seen a few posts saying negative things about him, but I'd buy from him again.

Good Luck,
Mike

tramp said:
JJ's lasted 2 years in my Tri, and to be honest it's all to easy to trust to one mans idea of a quick fix amp 'set'.....I am now totally a NOS convert, and with out having the time at the moment to tell you why...all I can say it's like night and day!! the difference..really is...you have to try...you will never Ever look back.

So in conclusion keep your new production and your valve kits! I don't mean that to rubbish Bob I found him a great guy to talk to! but he like us has to make a living, and his living is making it easy to revalve and be cost effective...

A quick question.....
what do you like for el84's in your 20/20?
I'm looking to try something other than JJ or Mesa in my Cal22+, although both of these have been pretty good... :D

I have had only good experiences with Bob at Eurotubes. I retubed my Single Recto with a high gain kit from them and it sounded great! I also just put some high gain jj's from them in my ENGL 530 and it sounds fantastic. Tight, heavy, lots of sustain.

Every time I have e-mailed them about suggestions I get great advice and I've talked to Bob on the phone a couple of times. He's a nice guy and helped me out a lot.

I have nothing but positive experiences with Bob and JJ tubes. Not one has failed, and I always get an improvement in tone, and they have been very helpful in answering questions.

Back