eq settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ti479

Reaction score
if you own a boogie with a graphic eq- how do you set it? tell me all of your settings, all styles of music.

I set a mild "V" shape. And sometimes the "V" last fader on the right (treble) is slightly above the mid-point. Those are my two favorite settings.

set it like a straight line on the middle line...push the bass up push the treble up..and mid's to taste..lif you drop the mid's to much it has no volume or cutt..

you can get the best metal tones with the "V" shape, keeping the 750Hz slider near to the lower line. This setting is very good for practicing but, as Shep said, when playing with the band you should raise up a little that slider to make your tone cut through the mix.

i'm new but i'm using it for a volume boost. keep it flat and move it all up a notch to where you want your volume boost to be. I'm still getting this down, but with my MKIV I can then use all three channels for rythm and lead, using the eq as a boost.

Boogie Simul-Satellite Settings

More or less:

| -- -- -- -- -- |
| x -- -- x -- |
| -- x -- -- x |
| -- -- x -- -- |
| -- -- -- -- -- |

However i use a EQ pedal to bos the sgnal going to a SM9 and the has a frown curve (push mids) then in the fx loop is a 15 band EQ that is set to slightly push bass and treble while cutting some of hte mids to delete 'mud'. The eq knob is set around 7. I pull the presence knob and keep ir around 8.

The Master is 5.5 an the 'Gain' is around 3 and pulled, adding some extra brightness. Overall it osunds pretty good clean, boosted, and with heavy distortion.

Currently, mine looks similar to dmt's with a little less 80hz. My 2200 is also a tad higher with the 6600 slightly above that. It kind of resembles a square root symbol more than a v.

When I play with others the 750 comes up enough to not get lost but still maintain the feel of my unaccompanied sound.

Currently my amp is set to:

Tweed/Triode/Class A/Harmonics

Presence pulled normally and around 8

Lead channel master around 8

Lead drive around 8

Lead gain pulled around 8

Treble around 8

Mids and bass around 4

Settings subject to change with different guitars and setups for different music.

Amp used mainly as a Lead guitar amp though the Lead channel is used for insane rhythms and then boosted with an OD to get a little more to fill and solo with.

Amp was last played with a Les Paul through a Thiele loaded with an EVM-12L and a 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks for some soulful soloing. I had had a bad day and felt a bluesy feeling. After putting up with a couple hours of my exploratory blues expressive soloing, my girlfriend came in and requested Yellow Ledbetter and the tone just about made me cry. I wasn't very fond of the clean settings I had for that song but the leads were just really sweet.

Bass 60-70%, Mid bass 45%, Mids about 40%, highs 35%
(i keep my bass knob low, and don't pull bass shift or deep)
Presence i keep under 3, treble is a bit high on the amp, about 8-8.5, but the eq keeps it from fizzing out.

Kinda like that! :p

Latest posts

Back