EJ Strat???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeVFR

Reaction score
I have a chance to pickup a new Eric Johnson Strat for $1,000.00 with case...
deal or no deal? Sunburst or White (I need to play the white one yet)

+1 of course a deal - i have seen several variations of EJ signatures. Which make me confused what the EJ special is about: maple and rosewood necks, bullet truss rod or body joint truss rod, black and sunburst or white etc. - what is the special EJ strat about, special pup's?

David Gilmour's is always black with maple neck and short tremolo, yngwie's is scallopped, ritchie's is usually white and partly scallopped, the EC strat has EMG (?) and rosewood neck, robin trower (my favourite) is 70 style maple and special pup's and all colours, the buddy is coming with big white spots ...

Good deal. Eric had fender copy one of his '57's or something like that. I had a chance to play one for a while, and I must say that is one of the better strats that is made today.

Dude that is a great deal...they normally sell new for about $1750, the retail is about $2500! I have had a love/hate relationship with strats for years until I bought an EJ in 2005 and I will never sell this guitar! The 12" radius neck and the guitars resonance sealed the deal for me. One thing you will have to do if you play any medium to high gain applications is to shield its cavities, since the guitar is based on a 57' strat there is absolutely no shielding and in live situations it will pick up everything. After shileding mine and swapping out the bridge pickup with a SD Lil' Screamin' Demon I can use this guitar to play anything from SRV to Rob Zombie!

Well, I picked it up yesterday! I really like this guitar. The 12" radius feels like my Les Paul but sounds like a Strat. I played the white one and even went to SamAsh and looked for another one to compare. They didn't have an EJ, but I tried the Yngwie model because I have been looking at that one too. No comparison, I prefer the EJ. My wife actually found a coupon Guitar Center had sent to the house so I got another 10% off. Final tally with guitar and case, just under $1,000.00, out the door. I'd post a pic, but I don't know how to on this site...

Latest posts

Back