Effects for the Mini Recto.. delay and reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So was wondering if you guys were using any clean volume boosts with your Mini's live in a band situation. That's the only thing I miss on the Mark V, is the solo boost. I been using an OCD with volume maxed and gain down, and sounds great on clean ch too, but looking for a booster that has a MID control, gain, and volume for ch2 leads. Really I'm just wanting more volume, mids, and a hair more gain for leads. What kinda pedal would work good for this?

Adambomb said:
So was wondering if you guys were using any clean volume boosts with your Mini's live in a band situation. That's the only thing I miss on the Mark V, is the solo boost. I been using an OCD with volume maxed and gain down, and sounds great on clean ch too, but looking for a booster that has a MID control, gain, and volume for ch2 leads. Really I'm just wanting more volume, mids, and a hair more gain for leads. What kinda pedal would work good for this?
I use an EP Booster and it pretty much does just what you said in the bolded bit. Not a lot of tone shaping available, but what it does for me seems like it's just enough for my needs (so far).

I'd probably try an EQ pedal next if my EP didn't cut it. And if it's really just more volume that one needs, putting either of these in the loop would do the trick.

When the Fromel Shape parametric EQ gets here, I'll let you know how that works out for me. It's been a month now that the postal service lost it. Nobody knows what happened to it since it hit customs on Dec 14th.... :oops:

Personally, I love the sound of the Flashback Delay (original) in the loop of my Mini Rec! I don't hear any significant loss in tone when using this pedal through the loop and the delay sounds terrific! :mrgreen:

I run a mxr analog chorus m234, lovepedal babyface trem and a malekko chicklett reverb into the loop of my mini. Also looking at the ep booster, is it subtle or can you get good volume out of it?.

I'm running a G System. I use the G Sys compressor in front, along with a EVH Phaser, OD808 and BBPre. I use the G Sys delays and reverbs in the loop. Sounds fantastic. I also switch the MR with the G Sys, but there is some latency that is annoying.

Steve K said:
I run a mxr analog chorus m234, lovepedal babyface trem and a malekko chicklett reverb into the loop of my mini. Also looking at the ep booster, is it subtle or can you get good volume out of it?.
The EP Booster is great. Up to +20db of boost. Some EQ and level tweaks via a couple of internal DIP switches. Love the EP Booster.

How do you like that Babyface?

I'm still getting used to it, had a supatrem once and no other has equaled it. I do like the small footprint, but getting the internal level is a pain. Dialed it in with my RKII, switched to mini and it was way louder. I'm sure it has something to do with the difference in the loops between both amps though..

newrig_zps6e63dc14.jpg

I use TC Hall of Fame Reverb and TC Flashback Delay on FX Loop and Pigtronix Philosopher's tone sustain, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive Mod (Tube screamer 808 clone), Crybaby 535Q in front of my Mini.

DISTORTEDMAN said:
I use TC Hall of Fame Reverb and TC Flashback Delay on FX Loop and Pigtronix Philosopher's tone sustain, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive Mod (Tube screamer 808 clone), Crybaby 535Q in front of my Mini.

Man that's funny, that's almost the exact same setup I'm going for. Had a 535Q Wah before and loved it so probably gettin one of them. Defiantly getting the Hall of Fame for reverb, already have a Flashback in loop. Got a OCD out front and getting a EP Booster too. So all I need to complete my "Mini Board" is a EP Booster, TC Hall Reverb, Crybaby Wah, maybe a SupaCharger power suppy (had one and was rock solid quiet) or DC brick, and might try the EVH Phaser for some spacious solos. Never even tried a MXR or EVH phaser but I've heard their quite awesome. I've never liked any phaser I've tried.

But first things first, need the EP Booster, Hall of Fame and a power supply.

What do y'all think I should get for power supply... DC Brick, SupaCharger by BBE or a 1 spot?

You're going to be powering 5 pedals, maybe 6? I can't see why the 1 Spot won't do it for you. I'm powering 4 pedals and no issues whatsoever. My opinion is that unless you're going to be powering more than 6 pedals (and that's just an arbitrary number) or have something like a Strymon that draws more current than other pedals, save your money and get the One Spot. I like the simplicity of the daisy chain and the fact that I can stash the unused portion of it under the floor of my board (NYC Six Shot) and have the used ones coming through drilled holes. No muss, no fuss.

FWIW, I am really stoked with my Mr. Black Supermoon, an absolutely superb reverb, and the Fromel Shape is an unbelievable parametric EQ. The switchable buffered/true bypass is worth the price alone.

I'm putting together demo videos for each pedal, and I'll post them once I'm done.

The only problem with the One Spot is that certain pedal combinations cause impressive amounts of noise. My Peterson tuner and X2 pedal wireless don't like each other at all, but they could coexist with a Boss power supply. Teese wahs don't care for them much, either. I've also found that MIDI switchers typically need to be on their own power supply.

Back