ED Clips?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetdriver

Reaction score
Any other vids or audio clips out there? Seen most YouTube stuff on the ED. Like it a lot so far.

Anyone using it for hard rock stuff?

I did a small Metallica clip plugged straight in, no effects at bedroom level in this thread if you haven't seen it already.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41130

i use it for punk rock/classic rock. the dyne gets mean for sure. all you have to do is crank it a little bit, turn the treb, pres, and mids up a bit and lower the bass. it sounds so thick and crunchy. the best way to describe it is a cranked old marshall but with more gain and thump in the lower mids. i dont play hard rock really, but the type of punk i play is just as heavy or more heavy than most hard rock. i do play alot of AFI and unwritten law. they are kinda hard rockish...the dyne just sounds absolutely perfect for those 2 bands and that genre of music. it took me six mesa heads to find this heavenly bliss.

That's good to know. I have it narrowed down between an ED head, or a Stiletto Deuce II head - I already have a 412 Recto cab.

My band now is straight up rock/alternative. Nothing 'metal'. Seems like the ED will take a boost, or eq and get into metal territory if I felt the desire to do so.

Tough call, because I see benefits to each one.

jetdriver said:
That's good to know. I have it narrowed down between an ED head, or a Stiletto Deuce II head - I already have a 412 Recto cab.

My band now is straight up rock/alternative. Nothing 'metal'. Seems like the ED will take a boost, or eq and get into metal territory if I felt the desire to do so.

Tough call, because I see benefits to each one.

a very tough call indeed. i owned a stiletto ace combo. in my opinion the electradyne is way better. but the stiletto is a very cool amp, one of my favorites. have you played a stiletto? the only problem i had with it was its high piercing cut. if you wanna stand out in the mix with razor sharp tone then the stiletto is the way to go. it is a very bright amp. for me it was too much. i think the dyne has a great all around tone. its not too bright and not too dark, it's just right. the dyne has a very responsive eq so when i want that stiletto cut i just dial it in. throw in some el34's and you have a very similar tone to a stiletto. the stiletto's have more gain on tap though...but a simple OD pedal fixes that problem easy on the dyne. good luck with your decision

If you are between a Stiletto and Dyne, check out a Dyne: I have owned both, and really like both, but the Dyne *is* the greatest clean, reverb, warmest, thickest sounding amp on the planet. They are different beasts for sure- but the dyne is special. Seen one for sale?...?...

Well, tried a Dyne today! Holy crap! What a toneful amp. I CANNOT believe they squeezed that much versatility out of a 'one channel' amp.

Headroom for days too. I'd prob run a hotplate on it so the power tubes can sweat. Great eq too. Started with the knobs at noon and worked outward from there. Dialed in the clean gain trim and got three great workable tones. I'm sold!

jetdriver said:
Well, tried a Dyne today! Holy crap! What a toneful amp. I CANNOT believe they squeezed that much versatility out of a 'one channel' amp.

Headroom for days too. I'd prob run a hotplate on it so the power tubes can sweat. Great eq too. Started with the knobs at noon and worked outward from there. Dialed in the clean gain trim and got three great workable tones. I'm sold!

I have the head running through a recto 2X12 with a Hotplate and to be honest there is really not much difference. This amp just rocks on it's own at any volume. I have since taken the Hotplate out of the chain and can easily go from Andy Timmons to Paul Gilbert and ANYWHERE in between with just the push of a footswith or tweak of the volume knob. Throw an EQ in the loop and Dan Donegan tone is even possible. I have found myself turning the gain down more and more lately because this thing is so dam dynamic that more distortion comes easily with harder picking. You will love this amp once you get her home and start stroking her.

specialed said:
jetdriver said:

I have the head running through a recto 2X12 with a Hotplate and to be honest there is really not much difference. This amp just rocks on it's own at any volume. I have since taken the Hotplate out of the chain and can easily go from Andy Timmons to Paul Gilbert and ANYWHERE in between with just the push of a footswith or tweak of the volume knob. Throw an EQ in the loop and Dan Donegan tone is even possible. I have found myself turning the gain down more and more lately because this thing is so dam dynamic that more distortion comes easily with harder picking. You will love this amp once you get her home and start stroking her.

Right on specialed. I do believe you are exactly right. Probably wouldn't 'sound' different, but would probably feel different, once the power tubes were cooking.

This is one helluva amp. Can't wait to get one of my own. I'm glad I made the drive to check one out in person. Now I can stop contemplating, and start saving my cash with purpose! :)

I got a Electradyne last week and recorded two clips with it.

Weird type clip.
A mix bag of 7 strings guitar, clean channel, Low and Hi.
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=27354

Old School Motley Crue type tone:
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=27358

I really dig the amp. It complements my Mark IV very well.

PhilBelanger said:
I really dig the amp. It complements my Mark IV very well.

A man after my own heart!

I have my Mark IV and ED sitting side my side. I probably need to play them in stereo some time. Bet it would sound sweet!

Here is one which is a basic rundown of the amps tones. Nothing flashy but gives you an idea what the amp can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBqzrEv_VJs

skunizzi said:
Here is one which is a basic rundown of the amps tones. Nothing flashy but gives you an idea what the amp can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBqzrEv_VJs

Thats great can you do another with some more grain ?

Andyman95023

This is not me playing. Its a video I found on youtube. Unfortunatly I don't have an Electra Dyne yet!
I'd be glad to post some videos once I get one.

Latest posts

Back