• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ebay Scam Alert!!! 4x12 Standard Reco Cab in Wine Red

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
Update 07/30: Seems the seller read my post here and removed the pics of the.....errr my cab. His explanation: "*Picture deleted do to inaccuracy. Will have new pics by 4:00pm Pacific time" Personally, I wouldn't trust that the pics he'd post will be legit.

I stopped my local Guitar Center today and spotted a really nice 4x12 Recto cab in Wine Finish...for a great price...$499. Looks mint. I am not normally a 4x12 guy, but for the price and condition, I purchased it.

So you say what does this have to do with an Ebay scam alert? Well, After I got home, I went to the Used.GuitarCenter.Com website and was browsing the some of the Mesa Stuff...looking for a nugget. So I stumble unto the cab I just bought locally. So what you say right? Well, I then go to eBay and browse for the Mesa stuff listed when I stumble upon a listing with the EXACT same picture of the cab I just bought. I mean the exact same picture....same carpet same background.....So how could this be? The seller's location is Cali, and GC with the same pic of the cab I just bought is in CT. Check it out:

Check out the eBay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-4-x-12-4x12-cab-cabinet-slant-rectifier-/250863996838?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a68a8cfa6

And here's the listing o the cab I just bought at the Guitar Center on the other side of the country:

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

and search for item #106783017

Despite the picture, the listing states the tolex color to be "Black Taurus Vinyl Covering"

It definitely looks fishy, but the text coupled with the 100% feedback there's a possibility it could be legitimate.

Nope, that is my cab. I have it in front of me, and the picture was clearly stolen from the GC listing. The auction is more than fishy. The 100 percent feedback means nothing. You're assuming that account hasn't been hijacked by a scammer. Ive had that happen to me once b4.

I've emailed the seller and have yet to get a response. You've been warned - buy @ your own risk.

And lol! to you about the item description. If you can't tell that was just copied n pasted from the Mesa site then I have a bridge I want to sell you..... Lol!

Latest posts

Back