eBay Drops Sub Categories Like Mesa Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
I may be alone on an island with this opinion/complaint so throw stones if you will. You can no longer drill down into eBay sub categories looking for a specific brand anymore. If you want to browse Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Fender etc your only option is to view amps for electric guitar. For me, both buying and selling, this is a major problem. The same is true for effects as well. I haven't looked past those two areas yet.

Most everyone selling a particular brand is capable of finding the correct category, example: Mesa Boogie. Many times these sellers don't even put Mesa Boogie, Fender, Ibanez etc in the title description. Maybe this will force sellers to be more descriptive in their listing but in any case I don't care for this change at all. I've sent a complaint in so if you feel the same way please let eBay know how you feel.

I don't know what's going on over there. I had to opt out of their new search format about 2 mos ago ...which that was awful. Now, I looked on my Ebay, watched items, and brought up a PRS I'm watching. Instead of being under sub-category "Paul Reed Smith" it's under "right handed."
How the hell is that a sub category?
This thread will probably be moved out of this area....but it's worth keeping an eye on. Anyone who uses E-bay frequently is going to be upset by this. Even those who just watch the selling prices.

MJ Slaughter said:
I may be alone on an island with this opinion/complaint so throw stones if you will. You can no longer drill down into eBay sub categories looking for a specific brand anymore. If you want to browse Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Fender etc your only option is to view amps for electric guitar. For me, both buying and selling, this is a major problem. The same is true for effects as well. I haven't looked past those two areas yet.

Most everyone selling a particular brand is capable of finding the correct category, example: Mesa Boogie. Many times these sellers don't even put Mesa Boogie, Fender, Ibanez etc in the title description. Maybe this will force sellers to be more descriptive in their listing but in any case I don't care for this change at all. I've sent a complaint in so if you feel the same way please let eBay know how you feel.

I always do an All Item search for "Mesa Boogie" in All Categories. Checking the "Search title and description" box should cover anything Mesa Boogie related.

Oh, you can type in

(mesa, boogie)

into the search field to search for everything with mesa OR boogie. I found that out when I was searching for RX7 parts, and lots of people say RX-7.

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/ms.cgi

:) Really useful, I browse gear with it everyday, it includes everything on EBay AND Craigslist, by brand and keywords, and state/province if you want.

Latest posts

Back