Duece 2 Sound issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbvis

Reaction score
My stiletto seems to be acting up lately.I notice it mostly on channel 2. It sounds rather thin and tinny almost like a wah pedal is turned on. Its almost like the mid and bass are not coming all the way through. It still gets loud but doesnt seem to lost its thump. I have checked all the tubes and they are glowing. Tried switching from spongy to bold, silicone to rectifier and 50 to 100 watt. I swapped the pre amp tubes in v1 and v5 but still no change. Any ideas?? is it possible that I have some bad power amp tubes that are still glowing??

Try swapping all the preamp tubes one at a time. I've heard people say even the v2 slot has effected volume. v4 and v5 are usually the problem though.

Aye Carumba! I figured out the problem! :oops: A little embarassing but oh well! haha

I was recently helping a friend troubleshoot an issue with his 4x12 cab, using parts from mine to test his. Long story short, I reattached one of the positive wires to a negative and vise versa. I opened my cab last night, and discovered my **** up :oops: :lol: I fixed my wiring configuration and solved the problem! Everything sounds beautiful now!

btw, I even tried my new mxr ten band eq in the loop for the first time! WOW what a difference it can make in the loop! Lots of fun tone shaping to be had! Thanks for the replies everyone.

Latest posts

Back