dual rec with a genz benz 2x12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalhead51105

Reaction score
hey guys once again got a cab question before i try it myself. does/has anyone play(ed) a dual rec through a genz benz 2x12 g flex? apparently genz benz is close to top of the line from what i understand and ported cabs make a huge difference in tone? since im relatively new to "good gear" im curious what you all thought about it. is it going to kick my marshall 1960b with stock 75s to kingdom come or am i better off saving for a boogie 4x12.

sorry to swoop in on your thread but can we make it a two-part question? what about a RKII with the G-Flex?

Don't like 'em. Tried the Genz Benz GFLEX Cab (4X12) with a Dual Rec and a Stiletto, and both sounded much better through the Mesa cab at our practice spot.

Not a fan either....don't know what it was, but the cab always sounded like mud to me....played both a recto and bogner uberschall through a G-flex 2x12, and all I got was a muddy low end :?

I play my mesa roadster with a gflex 2x12 and I get the best sound ever! I have emg 81 and emg 60 in my les paul. No muddiness.

i thought it was a good match..... very very punchy so if your not into the heart stopping thump than i'd say maybe not..... they're really hard to find used or to even try but if you want a killer cab thats front ported/vented look at Freda Live! cabs ...... one of the best cabs i've ever played through...... they go for around the same price as the gflex probably a little cheaper..... they spread your sound instead of making it directional like a traditional 2x12/4x12 or the gflex..... you get a huge thick tone thats very tight and articulate.... best cab i've heard for cleans..... i'd look into one.... also they clips on their site they use a DR

also if your looking for a ported/vented cab port city makes an awesome cab similar in technology to the Freda... good luck

I use a G-Flex 2X12 with my Roadster, and I don't think I'll ever scope out different cabs...I'd probably just get another one 8) I love the ported baffle, I don't get a muddy low end AT ALL.

The Gflex is a great cab- I prefer the roadster cab with my roadster, but the gflex is an easy second.
Built like a tank as well.

Laskyman

i use my gflex with a triaxis/2:90 setup, and i love it. i started using the gflex about 3yrs ago and never looked back. it was the first cab to ever truly get the right definition out of my 7string. and the handles are designed perfectly along with a nice set of casters that are rock solid.

i want another glfex, if i only had the room for it.

I ordered one from musicians friend on August 5th and still havent gotten it yet! I know they were moving and got backed up but still. Anyways.. yeah I can't wait till I get it. I'm very interested to hear it with my Mesa F50 amp. Right now i'm just using the combo speaker. As far as metal rhythem playing, will that cab make my amp more aggressive/huge sounding as opposed to the 1X12 semi open back combo cab with a celestion black shadow speaker? How much of a difference do you think it'll make?

the angled front baffle really helps teh sound spread out and fill the room. and the ports along with the overall size of the cab helps it resonate quite a bit. overall it naturally adds more low end to the sound, you may need to nudge the bass control on the amp down just a tad bit or it may get muddy. it should be a world of difference compared to a 1x12.

Huh, I had a G-flex 2x12 and liked it so much that I got a 2nd one!

I ran a Triple, Dual, T-verb, Rectoverb and a Roadster through it as for Boogies, and I also had a XXX, HD147 and a JSX that I ran through it, and I loved it with every amp.

To me, it felt like I had a full 4x12 behind me.... and with two of them, my whole back side shook when I played.

I thought they were great cabs and played especially well with Boogies and all the Boogie clips at the site in my signature were recorded with a G-flex 2x12 cab.

Boy I miss that blonde!!!

1002816tt1.jpg

1003261ou2.jpg

Latest posts

Back