Dual Rec broken?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMichaelAbe

Reaction score
I have searched for more information on this issue but am at a loss. This seemed like a helpful forum so I thought that I would throw this out there lol

I recently traded for a small logo Dual Rec(first Mesa that I have actually owned) with attached power cable and everything seems well enough except for the amp goes completely dead silent whenever the loop is switched on.(via switch on back or footswitch) The yellow light on the front of the amp comes on indicating that the loop is active or has at least been switched but the amp goes dead silent...no hum, hiss, nothing! I am assuming that this is not how things are supposed to work but I guess the possibility that user error is accounting for the problem here lol I was basically just wondering if this is a known issue and if so what the fix would be because right now I can only play the amp with the loop bypassed and from what I can tell that takes the "Loop Active Master" pot volume out of the circuit and the amp is way to loud to be played this way! lol

any ideas or knowledge here would be greatly appreciated by this new Mesa owner lol

hey thanks for the link! I actually have been going over the manual for a few hours but I am starting to think that something is just wrong with the particular amp that I have...I could be wrong tho lol

No I have not! Lol I didn't even know that existed man thanks for the response...I'll def give that a look today

I should have stated in my first post that I know nothing about Mesas and very very little about amps in general lol

Only with the loop switched on(the yellow light comes on indicating that the loop is active) I tried with a patch cable in the loop, a reverb pedal, and nothing in the loop. I was mainly trying to be able to use this to enable the master volume because when the loop is off the master volume is disabled and I can only use the two individual ch volumes...a non master distortion tone on this thing is loud! Lol to loud to use really anywhere that I ever play

No they do nothing...I opened it up and the pot for the MV reads as it should so that isn't the problem either. I didn't read the pot for the send level yet...maybe it broke on zero?

Funny thing, I just saw something interesting in a thread right near this one...

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=65732#p451971

zerofivefour said:
I have 2 rev f.s that I will never sell.

FYI, I have had the fx loop go out on my 2 channel rev f. dual recto twice in 10 years. Each time it required a .99 cent part in order to fix it. I do not know if it is common or why it went out. But it happened to me 2x. Labor for the repair was 2 hours to diagnose and repair. YMMV, I would still not sell it, because it love the tone.

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers,

Tom

zerofivefour said:
TheMichaelAbe said:
Thanks for the heads up, Tom...I see that you are from Hawai'i. I was born there myself lol...any chance that you know what the problem or part was? I'd love to repair the amp myself if possible but would rather have a bit of direction before I open her up lol.

You will never believe this but I actually found the work order for the repair which was done in October of 2008. It was in a pedal board flight case. I knew I had it...somewhere. :D It was actually in the first place I looked. Almost a miracle that I found it that easy.

Ok, I only have a description of the part, although I remember it was a very small resistor as is indicated on my repair order.

The exact description of the part is as follows:

120K resistor

The unit price is listed at 1.00. So my memory is actually still in tact, well off by one cent. Labor was only 1.5 hours as well, not bad for 5 years ago, lol.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Cheers... and Aloha 8)

Tom

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back