Downsizing from the 2x12 Vertical Slant, try another recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfnguitarz

Reaction score
Have had my Mark V for about three years now and still loving it. Got the vertical slant at the same time and I really do like it simply for the fact that one speaker is angled up and it simply fills up a room. But, its way too much to lug around for the occasional jam at a friends house. I seem to gravitate towards 2x12s which would limit my downsizing. I figure I can angle the cab back against an amp stand when I need to. So, Mesa has the two 2x12 horizontal rectos (oversize and compact) and I see the over-sized ones for sale everywhere, but not many compacts. Has anyone had any experience with the compact recto? Could there really be that much of a difference sound-wise between it and the over-sized one? The compact one is only about 50 pounds which is kinda nice compared to the vertical slant at 75.

P.S. Anyone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area interested in the vertical, just pm me. The cab is in pristine condition.

I haven't heard them both side by side, but in theory, if you decrease the amount of space in a sealed cab, you're going to also decrease the damping. So, the smaller cab may emphasize the low frequencies a bit more, and require some careful tuning of those frequencies with your amp/eq.

Latest posts

Back