Direct recording with rivera rockcrusher

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr0sty

Reaction score
Needed a new load box and I'm trying out the rivera rockcrusher. This the mark iv mode with the bright switch on and the preset eq rolled in to about 1:00. Oh yea, pentode mode also. The guitar tracks were recorded via the rockcrusher's line out and them speaker IR's added later.

https://soundcloud.com/project-dome/metal-or-gtfo

Sounds great! I'm going to take a similar approach on the next track I'm working on - Mark V:25 > CabClone > TwoNotes Wall of Sound Plugin

Interesting. I tried recording direct with my Rock Crusher once and it was terrible. I had much better results with a Radial JDX. BUT... I did not have a cab emulator plugin. That might have given me a totally different result.

There are 2 versions of the Rock Crusher one has a Graphic EQ. What model do you have? Also how is the tone out the speakers? Do you use it live?

This is the one without speaker sims (eq). I take the line out from the rc and apply speaker impulse responses after the fact. The sound from the speakers is good. I would say it sounds about the same as the V's master volume. I don't use it live. Strictly for recording.

Latest posts

Back