Digital delay recomendation for Road king 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SineB

Reaction score
Like subject said, need some nice working delay for my new Road king 2 amp.

I have the flashback and love it. The new tone print app is kinda fun too. You can make your own tone print and save it to the pedal. Even without that the pedal still stands on it own for delays. Timeline and eventide of course are top notch as well.

Pretty much any modern digital delay will work well. I recommend one with several types of delay, like the Flashback and Time Factor have, so you can get an analog-y sounding delay as well as a nice clean digi delay. I like the tape loop emulation on both.

I also like the Time Factor's ability to have multiple stored presets. I like to be able to change the delay.

I have both of these pedals, plus a DD-3. The DD-3 is pretty muddy, but a decent inexpensive addition to the Flashback to let me click on a really heavy delay on the fly.

Anybody use Carbon Copy MXR? I can find one very easy here.

I bought a Carbon Copy and couldn't return it fast enough. It sounds horrible to me, all the high end is filtered out. Super muddy. I expected it to be a bit more subtle. I was there when analog was lo-fi, and it was still way better than the CC.

Like Elvis said, just about any modern delay will do, preferably one with a few different delay features.

I've had great results with the Boss DD-7; a good, middle of the road between fancy-schmancy and flea market. It offers switchable delay ranges, an analog sim, modulation, reverse delay, a looper with up to 30 or 40 seconds memory, and tap tempo capability. Oh, and it's stereo capable, too. Basically, it does almost everything the DD-20 does, just less of it, and it's a normal size Boss pedal. Reasonable price for what it does.

I was very surprised with the clarity, and it sounds very "natural." I'm not a shoegazer, so I just use it to get a little space when I don't want a dry signal, and I love using it for slap-back with the level boosted to thicken up a solo.

You guys with the Flashback...Do you use the kill dry function when running in the loop? Would this be recommended with the series loop?

I think the Eventide TimeFactor is what you'd want. Its about as complicated as the Road King II, but once you figure it out, it can do just about anything delay related!

Latest posts

Back