DC Mods that are easy to do!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, so he can find KTs that will work in the factory bias range of the dc-5? I sent him a rather lengthy email, but if he confirms it, then that's good news because I'm lazy. :)

Will those screw up the output transformer or anything since they're higher wattage?

So what do you recommend for getting a tighter, more aggressive sound without ear piercing highs? From the website descriptions it looks like E34L might be good for that.

I'm pretty sure that you could use EL's in your DC-5. I haven't tried it yet, but it uses the same transformers as the Nomad 55, which has the EL switch in the back.

I'll post a thread in the Modern Amps section and see if someone can give me a current reading for the B+ on the Nomad 55 and Nomad 100.
I'll compare those to the current readings on my DC-10 and Dani's DC-5. This way, we will maybe have a better picture of how much current the transformers can handle.

Alright dude, that would be greatly appreciated.
I'm getting ready to order a bias probe and a pot so I can bias mod my dc-5.
I don't suppose you could check out exactly how much bias range your modded dc-5 is getting? :D

I just sold it, but I let the guy know that I would take some bias readings for him before I ship it out. I'll post the results here.

It won't be for a few days though. I'm buryed in work, have a head cold and my Bias tool just took a dump!

Hey Monsta,

Did you by any chance catch my thread on DC and a pentode/triode switch? Any thoughts about the possibility/viability, and also the tonal expectations of 6L6s in triode? I'd really appreciate your input! Thanks!!! :D :D :D

Edward

Ooooh, ouch! That hurt!!
...ok, I deserved that ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Edward

I do a Pentode/Triode switch in our shop.
It will not make the DC sound like a Mark III in any way.
It will significantly lower the output of the amp though.
Triode mode will have less harmonics, more bass, and much lower output.

I really like this feature because I cannot always get loud at my house. We have a 1 year old and he is grumpy when you wake him up!

Space_cowboy said:
Could I please have the PDF for the fx loop mod too?

Thanks in advance:)

If you want to send me your email I'll get it to you.

Too bad the board doesn't have a place for files like this to be downloaded by members.

Back