DC-3 Problem once amp warms up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant_riv

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for checking out my thread.

I have had my DC-3 for a number of years and love it.

The last two times I used it though, once it warmed up and is played for about an hour, the clean channel starts to distort (like I am in the gain channel). The gain channel gets fizzy also.

Additionally, it seems as though the amp gets excessively hot. Once I let the amp cool down, it works fine again, but the cycle repeats.

Is this something I can fix (bad tube or ???) or is it time to take it to a real tech?

Thank you for any advice you may have!

If its tube related and in both channels it's either the P.I. or the power tubes. If you have a spare 12ax7 try swapping out the phase inverter first(cheaper). Could just be a tube isn't fully seated in the socket as well. When looking at the amp from the back the P.I. is the last one on the left.

Thanks kekam35!
It is on both channels. I will swap out the PI and let you know if that solves the problem.

I expect that if I swap out the power tubes I will need to bring the amp in for bias adjustment, correct?

I replaced the PI and the problem went away!

Thank you very much kekam35! I really appreciate the advice/solution!

I definitely owe you one!

:D :D :D

Latest posts

Back