Custom Built Acoustic Guitars in the NJ/PA Area

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumptone

Reaction score
This is totally unsolicited - I was completely blown away.

If anyone in the NJ/PA area is in the market for a very high quality custom built acoustic guitar, you need to check out this tiny little shop in Riegelsville, PA. The guy who makes these instruments is Bil (one "L") Mitchell - and I can't say enough about the instruments he makes.

http://www.bilmitchell.com/

I have a Martin, and I go there for set-ups and was in on Saturday to get a neck crack looked at. His partner, Sarah, does the repair work. Anyway, after I had them look at the Martin, I sat down to play some of his own guitars, as I often do when I'm in there, and and I just have to tell you guys (who are all here because you cherish high-quality, pro-line gear) that this guy is making extremely high quality custom acoustics. I am seriously considering unloading the Martin for one of his. The tone, the way they play, the way they look - all these things are just beautiful. He'll put one together for you with your choice of back/side woods, if you want detailed inlay work, he can do that too. Seriously - this guy needs to be recognized for what he's doing. His guitars are consistently (and that's important) better than almost any Martin I have ever played - and I've played a few in my 30 years of guitar playing.

If you need any work done on your acoustics and you're anywhere near the area, it's worth your while to go check these folks out even if you're not in the market for a new box. They do top quality set ups and repairs on acoustics and electrics. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Latest posts

Back