Converting a combo to a head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Telemaster said:
My 2x12 is a nice 90 Lbs in the road case. but the road cased amp is a lot easier to move around and manage.
I can say this for the weight - they are built tuff. Mine fell off the truck tailgate at the first gig I used it at- landing
head down. It was in the road case so no physical exterior damage occured. But I wondered if the darn thing would
work once I got the rig set up to play that night. Sure enough...it fired up and has never shown the slightes sign of a hiccup in 4 years I've had it. When I get to the point where I am too much of a weakling to lift it into the truck I'll probably
buy an enclosed trailer...which loads a lot easier than a truck...OR I'll sell it and get and order an amp/cab set up.

They are tough. Mine took a tumble off of a tiltback stand when the handle broke and landed face down on a concrete floor. That was about a year and a half and many gigs ago and we are still going strong.

FYI: I first read about this amp in guitar player mag after they reviewed it and gave it an editors pick award. The final test in the article was seriously to roll the thing down an incline ramp into a concrete wall (no kidding...read the article). The reviewer talked about how amazed they were that with this kind of abuse these amps would just take a licking and keep on ticking...no loose parts, tubes, broken knobs or anything. I was sold. Plus of course they raved about the amp sound in ways I have never heard before the most recent issue reviewed the Egnator. Within a month I was headed to a trusted dealer, much loved and cherished vintage blackface Fender and an old music man in hand to work a deal. No regrets...other then my back hates me.

Mark

toneguy86 said:
Telemaster said:
My 2x12 is a nice 90 Lbs in the road case. but the road cased amp is a lot easier to move around and manage.
I can say this for the weight - they are built tuff. Mine fell off the truck tailgate at the first gig I used it at- landing
head down. It was in the road case so no physical exterior damage occured. But I wondered if the darn thing would
work once I got the rig set up to play that night. Sure enough...it fired up and has never shown the slightes sign of a hiccup in 4 years I've had it. When I get to the point where I am too much of a weakling to lift it into the truck I'll probably
buy an enclosed trailer...which loads a lot easier than a truck...OR I'll sell it and get and order an amp/cab set up.

They are tough. Mine took a tumble off of a tiltback stand when the handle broke and landed face down on a concrete floor. That was about a year and a half and many gigs ago and we are still going strong.

FYI: I first read about this amp in guitar player mag after they reviewed it and gave it an editors pick award. The final test in the article was seriously to roll the thing down an incline ramp into a concrete wall (no kidding...read the article). The reviewer talked about how amazed they were that with this kind of abuse these amps would just take a licking and keep on ticking...no loose parts, tubes, broken knobs or anything. I was sold. Plus of course they raved about the amp sound in ways I have never heard before the most recent issue reviewed the Egnator. Within a month I was headed to a trusted dealer, much loved and cherished vintage blackface Fender and an old music man in hand to work a deal. No regrets...other then my back hates me.

Mark

It's interesting you mention the Egnater. I have an Egnater Rebel 20. It's amazing. I actually run it next to my Lonestar. When I need the really tight higher gain sounds in my songs (punk influenced) I switch to the Egnater. Love it!

Mark[/quote]

It's interesting you mention the Egnater. I have an Egnater Rebel 20. It's amazing. I actually run it next to my Lonestar. When I need the really tight higher gain sounds in my songs (punk influenced) I switch to the Egnater. Love it![/quote]

It was the Rebel 20 they reviewed. They look good for the price.

toneguy86 said:

It's interesting you mention the Egnater. I have an Egnater Rebel 20. It's amazing. I actually run it next to my Lonestar. When I need the really tight higher gain sounds in my songs (punk influenced) I switch to the Egnater. Love it![/quote]

It was the Rebel 20 they reviewed. They look good for the price.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that review. Good one too. The amp is all that it is cracked up to be. I'm very happy with mine.

-D

Latest posts

Back