Compare G-Major and Intellifex

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo1

Reaction score
Compare G-Major and Intellifex

Can you list the benefits and features of these two.
Most of you guys are knowledgeable on the features/functions of these units.
Are there problems or specific versions (silver/black face) with notable differences?

Thanks in advance.

You would probably be better off going with a Multivalve or Replifex rather then the intelifex which doesnt seem as a popular choice. Both the multivalve and Replifex have channel switching. Both models are basicly the same but the multivalve has a tube in it which is cool to use as a boost for a rhythm channel or to warm up your sound. I was comparing the same units to make a decision and choose the multivalve/replifex rout, they seemed to have slightly better reviews for reliability. If you do not need channel switching the rocktron xpression is the current replacement the the multivalve/replifex.

I have not used the g-major more than once or twice, so I cannot give an in depth honest review, it seems cool and many people who use mesa use them. I thought it was more confusing to learn then the rocktron stuff IMOP. I am Interested in checking out the G-major 2, there are some updated feature i am interested in.

I may be selling my multivalve PM me if you are interested.

I was able to pick up an Intellifex on CL.
The price was right, and it just arrived...
I'm getting my rack together, so it will be a bit before I get to review it.

The G-Major/2 definitely has my attention.

Can't go wrong if the price was right! If you have any question setting things up pm me, it should be the same interface as the multivalve.

reilly said:
Can't go wrong if the price was right! If you have any question setting things up pm me, it should be the same interface as the multivalve.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer.
I'll give it a go and PM you if needed.

I'm just getting the signal path figured out. I've re figured it several times in my head, on paper, staring at the rack. Much better than cutting up Mogami only to decide to change it...

Back