Clip: Krank, Recto, 5150...comparison, blends etc

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Clip do You like best?

• clip1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • clip2

• clip3

• clip4

• clip5

• clip6

• Total voters

metalaxe

Reaction score
Yep, here are the promised tracks..

I still have to learn alot about the Stein, but here are the first comparison-clips.

Amps used are (no particular order):

Recto, Krank, 5150 and the combination of those.

please vote for the clip you like the most and as well give reasons and guess which clip is which amp/combination.

to keep it fair all the clips were recorded with the same volume, mic-position and w/o any post-processing

Clip1

Clip2

Clip3

Clip4

Clip5

Clip6

and yes, they are all different, lol (sounding really similar, I know ;) )

Drums suck, I just programmed a quick kick/snare thing cause I don'l like playing to a click ;)...so just ignore them

I had a really hard time telling those apart. 3 sounded the worst to me, though.

I think they all sound great. I can't really pick each apart and tell the difference but they all sound awesome.

To me, clips 4 and 5 sounded the "tightest" and clip 1 sounded like the Krank by itself. Could be wrong though, I'm listening to them on laptop speakers (although these are better than most other laptop speakers they don't always sound the best) I voted for 5 though

-AJH

i like either 2 or 5, but it sounds really cool when you open all of then in tabs and play them at the same time starting in different places haha.

there are some slight differences, but honestly it's too close for me to say which is which. When will you reveal them?

Elpelotero said:
there are some slight differences, but honestly it's too close for me to say which is which. When will you reveal them?

now.

1: Krank
2: Recto
3: 5150
4: Krank+Recto
5: Krank+5150
6: Recto+5150

thanks for listening

Listening back now, the krank is tight and seems to tighten up the other amps it pairs with. I also noticed it was the tightest before and if I would've been forced to guess, I would've also said clip 1 was krank. The 5150 seems to lack "something" when on its own. I didn't like it that much paired with the mesa either. The Mesa sounded the best on its own. The krank on its own was ok, but it sounded great when paired with the 5150. It seems they complement each other well. Clip 5 would take my vote.

Not to be an *** but this thread screams "you don't need 3 different amps" big time :lol:

Guess they would sound more apart in the room in person.

****... i know this is a mesa site, and i have a roadster, but i really liked that first clip the best, just had that killer sound... then to find out later its a krank... sweet , may i ask what are your settings on your mesa clip??

MesaENGR412 said:
To me, clips 4 and 5 sounded the "tightest" and clip 1 sounded like the Krank by itself. Could be wrong though, I'm listening to them on laptop speakers (although these are better than most other laptop speakers they don't always sound the best) I voted for 5 though

-AJH

haha well, at least I was right about the 1st clip being a Krank! I'm def. thinking of getting a 5150 as a back up amp, and this further aided in that decision..sounded good together.

-AJH

Latest posts

Back