Cleaning the mighty DR

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npo12354

Reaction score
I've done some searching but can't find much on the subject of what to use to actually clean a Dual Rectifier...interior, exterior, and the faceplate. The manual only states to not use benzene or paint thinners, but to use a soft cloth for the exterior. I bought my head used a little while ago but just haven't gotten around to polishing it up (though it sounds absolutely flawless!).

What have you guys had luck with?

1) Bless Mesa 1000x over for using Taurus tolex instead of the super pebbly Marshall elephant stuff. It's so much easier to clean. :lol:

2) If your Mesa is really dusty or grimy, some simple Windex-style cleaner, sprayed onto a clean soft cloth (never directly at the amp) does wonders for getting off dust/smoke/oil, and is safe for the tolex.

Thanks fjs, I tried searching earlier but didn't see that topic.

Just for everyone's future reference, here's a copy of an email that Mesa sent me about the topic. I've already tried using a toothbrush and vinegar based Windex product, which worked okay (it didn't remove what I thought it would, but was able to remove what I thought it wouldn't be able to). I'll probably try finding a citrus based cleaner next. I looked for the Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer but no stores near me carry it.

Here's Mesa's email:

Greetings
Thanks for your email. We use 409 on the vinyl and Windex on the diamond plate. If the 409 does not work on the vinyl we will sometimes use a citrus based cleaner.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back