Clean channel low volume and tasty crunch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr0sty

Reaction score
I've had my V since they first came out. I mainly used clean and fat on channel one (45 watt mode). I have noticed that the clean channel was quite a bit quieter than my crunch. I never really messed with the rectifier switch after setting it how I liked when I first got the amp. I moved the clean channel from tube to solid state, and that gave me a nice boost in volume. Just an fyi in case have problems with volume mismatch. On the filp side, you can drop the volume of either channel by running tube rectifier on 45 mode.

Also, the clean channel get a nice mild OD on tube rectifier with the gain around 1:00 (channel volume noon, master volume 10-11). Flip the power switch down to 10 watt and the same gain/volume settings get a nice, low volume crunch. That's on both the clean and fat modes.

You will get a bit more sag with the power switch set to variac compared to full power.

I normally run the amp at 90W settings. Tasty crunch with a lot of punch! can be found with gain set to 3oc and mid to about the same position. I dial down the Bass to 11oc or 10oc and keep the treble set to 10oc. EQ active but set to preset with control at 1oc.

Latest posts

Back