Cheap Power amp for Tri-axis?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howitzer

Reaction score
Hey guys;

I have recently started building a new rig, while recording, its going to revolve around a tri-axis, and a 2:90, with a few effects.

Im looking for a basic, one space rackmount power amp, that runs stereo.

Im not very interested in a 20/20, I would like something VERY cheap, and solid state, just so I can rely on it in an emergency, where a fuse or a tube cant fix the problem.

Ive seen the cheap rocktron velocity 100, and the ADA one space ( I dont know the name)

Any other reccomendations?

Cheers and thanks!

ADA microtube 100 or 200.
I have mine for about 15 years.
Awsome :D

Rocktron velocity is good too :wink:

Heresy statement here but...

The Crate Powerblock will serve the purpose for a cheap portable backup. I carry one to every gig, never needed it but I know it will work in a pinch. You can even use it as a backup for the bass player if needed.

Chris

My V-Twin pedal doubles as my backup. Sounds pretty good through the PA. I haven't gigged with the Triaxis yet, but when I do, I will definitely keep the V-Twin around.

chedgeco said:
The Crate Powerblock will serve the purpose for a cheap portable backup. I carry one to every gig, never needed it but I know it will work in a pinch. You can even use it as a backup for the bass player if needed. Chris
Ditto, I also have one. It's a very handy, light weight backup amp that's inexpensive. It's not rack mountable but does come in a handy carrying case. It also can be used as a preamp/poweramp or just as a poweramp to run the TriAxis through.

If buying new then the rocktron velocity is the way to go, if going used the ADA. Nothing wrong with the crate either, just my preferences.

The old marshall valvestate 8080 and 120 pro are killer and cheap on Ebay.

Latest posts

Back