Channel switching issues on MkIV w/ G-System

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thindave

Reaction score
All, I recently added a TC-Electronic G-System to my MkIVa and finally got around to setting up the channel switching relays on the G-System this week. I've found an issue when trying to switch to my Lead channel from either R1 or R2 - there's a loud clipping pop when switching over. My levels are pretty consistent between all 3 channels and it works just fine when I use the boogie's footswitch. I've emailed TC's tech support but I don't think I'll hear anything till Monday or Tuesday so I figured I'd try you guys out to see if anyone is using an external channel switcher and if you have had the same problem or a clue as to why this is happening.

I have it wired with a pair of Planet Waves mail stereo to 2 female mono connectors and planet waves male to male patch cables to go to the R1, R2 & lead switching inputs.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Dave

A follow up, it seems the pop is only present when I go from one switching jack to the other (on the G-System), so I think they may an issue there....

I've been thinking of getting the gsystem w/ the intention of using it to replace my mk4 footpedal. If you find a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

I have the same problem and would be interested in the response from TC

Weird, I heard back from Boogie yesterday and they told me it should work, no problem... I don't know, it's pretty annoying that I seem to be getting conflicting info from all around...

Anyway, I ordered my CFX4 yesterday - Axess is on vacation for the month, so I won't get it till July probably, but I suppose it will be the last time I need to think about this stuff...

Latest posts

Back