channel leakage MarkIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender

Reaction score
Hi to you all from Holland,

Could someone please try this:
-Mode Clean channel
-On the clean channel gain on 6 and all toneknobs to zero
-On the Lead channel turn the gain to 8 and turn toneknobs: now i can hear some bleeding (not distorted but clean).
When the gain on the clean channel is on 10 the bleeding disappears.
Also when the gain and toneknobs on the Lead channel are zero there is no bleeding to the clean channel.
Is this normal?
Thx in advance
Fender

Logically, if two channels on that amp were to be interfering with one another it would by RHY1/RHY2...RHY1/LEAD 'tone leakage' (clarify?) doesn't sound normal or healthy at all.

Never experienced anything like that with my IV.

Thx for your reaction.

Well, like I said:

When on RHY1 with gain on 6 en all toneknobs (treble, bass, mid) from that channel on zero there is some leakage from the lead channel when the Leadgain, lead mid, lead treble and leadbass are turned. I can hear some sound (clean not distorted) coming from the amp. Turning Leaddrive doesn't interfere with RHY1. It's not so much that's why I asked here. But maybe a LDR is going faulty.

i've experienced this with my DC-3.. i think it has to do with the amp's LDRs..

Thx for answering.
I see that you have a Mark IV. When on RHY1 and RHY1 toneknobs on zero is your Mark IV dead silent (even when your lead gain and lead toneknobs are dialed in)? I'm trying to investigate if my Mark IV is behaving faulty. The bleeding from the Leadchannel gain is not so much and is not distorted. Could you please try it with your Mark IV.

Mine is silent. My lead gain is on 8.. i think your amp needs a visit with your tech..

Latest posts

Back