Celestion Blue Alnico Speaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrapinger

Reaction score
Please pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question, but I found a Boogie Celestion Blue Alnico Speaker 1x12 cab. The seller says it's rated at 30W 16 ohm everywhere I've searched online says they are 15W. I have a Mark IV and a Mark IIB. Would either of my amps toast this speaker anyway?

Hi Scrapinger,
I have never ever seen an alnico blue in a boogie cab, or combo.
You are right, one alnico (on its own) would get cooked by a IIB!
However, they sound tremendous on very small amps!
Ian

Ian,

Thanks. I've yet to hear one, but all the hype says they are outstanding. Saw it on Craig's list and they report it's real Boogie. Perhaps it's a aftermarket upgrade or something. It's an open backed 1x12 combo.

The Celestion blue (factory rating of "15 watts") is a very conservative rating (at least for the older/vintage ones. They can really handle closer to 30. Their speaker breakup is what is so desirable, its what the V30 is modeled after, but with much much more power handling. The newer Celestion blues (not made in England, but in Korea, for VOX) are rated high, like 27 watts, something like that). Not too sure what a Boogie labeled one would be......A Boogie would definitely nuke a Blue though, unless you had another cab like a EVM to soak the juice.

Latest posts

Back