Can you do this with a wah pedal and MIDI setup?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyNoise

Reaction score
OK - I'm almost reay to embark on the MIDI end of things - I a few post below this one already. I have KH wah that really like and want to use in the set up. Will I be able to us this out front of my MIDI set up? I only use the wah on a lead channel of the Engl e530.
More specific..Can I have lead channel with a little delat from the G-major - and us the KH wah to control that? Or do I have to an expression pedal and can't use my KH wah???

I'm obviously very new to MIDI so bare with me...

No, the wah won't work as a MIDI expression pedal. Just put it between your guitar and the amp input. :D

Right I know the wah cannot be used as a MIDI expression pedal...I was just curious if I can use as you say in front of the amp.

DirtyNoise said:
Right I know the wah cannot be used as a MIDI expression pedal...I was just curious if I can use as you say in front of the amp.
Why would you even doubt that you can? It doesn't matter what amp comes after it, it's still a wah pedal! Most people run wahs in front. Very few run them in a loop.

Dude I've never messed with MIDI in anyway shape or form - I figured it wouldn't matter that the wah was out front but I just wanted to be sure - I see so many MIDI controlled pedals on rigs so I wasn't sure.

Latest posts

Back