Bought Mark IV from fredster!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spirithunter

Reaction score
I just bought the 2004 Mark IV from fredster here on the forum. This amp kills! What a sweet amp and very happy with it. Thank you Fred.

A couple quick question though...

First on the output level should their be a smooth transition in volume increase turning up from 0-1. Mine is not smooth turning up to 1. Basically jumps to volume and is hard to dial it down just a touch if i need to but once above setting 1 volume increase is smooth . I'll mostly be playing at 1 setting for now(cause of family) and direct. I do understand these are meant to be played loud but just checking if this is the norm.

Second i have a Recto Pre was wondering if and how could this be used with the MarkIV. Fred and i talk briefly about this and i thought i would run it by all of you here for some more input.

This amp is awesome! but still gassing for the LSS. :D

I don't know about the volume thing, I play mine at around 2 normally at home, sorry.

As for the other question, it will be fine running your Recto pre into the FX loop in.

What are you running your masters at? If they are high, the volume will jump pretty drastically...

I just notices i put my post in the vintage instead of modern. Sorry all.

My master's are at 4. At the moment i am using the sample setting mesa gives u. Ok then i'll turn down the master and turn up the output a touch more to my liking and see where i go from there.

I should say that today will be the first day of really messing with this amp.

Thanks for the quick replies all! 8)

Tell me what you think of these?

Treble 8
Bass 2.5
Mid 5.5
Presence pulled 2.5
Lead Gain pulled 7
Lead Drive 7

EQ in a V with the 6600 slider below the centre line.

Tweed/Triode/Simul-Class/Mid-Gain

I like it Random Hero! playing right now.

Man... i can't find a bad setting yet that i have tried with this amp so far. :D

Spirithunter said:
I like it Random Hero! playing right now.

Man... i can't find a bad setting yet that i have tried with this amp so far. :D

Me either, it kills eh!?

I only got mine Monday, and it's really quite something. I love it.

I have all my channel volumes around 4 and when I turn up the output it jumps when you go from 0 to 1 - there is no taper... just BOOM.

So, your amp is normal.

Mark IV - best amp ever by the way!!!!! :D

Spirithunter said:
I just bought the 2004 Mark IV from fredster here on the forum. This amp kills! What a sweet amp and very happy with it. Thank you Fred.

You are most welcome my friend - I wish you many years of Marky goodness. :)

Latest posts

Back