bogner ecstasy blue pedal in channel 1?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr0sty

Reaction score
Any of you folks have experience with the ecstasy blue pedal into the V's clean channel?

Well, I grew up listening to bands that all played LP's into Marshalls. I realized I have never owned either one. I have decided to buy both. The amp will likely be a jcm 800, cause that was my era. In researching amps though, I cam across the bogner blue pedal. Seemed very interesting and looks like it gets that tone. It's tempting to get a pedal vs an amp (due to cost). The bogner red looks good too,

Do you have any clips of the blue?

fr0sty said:
Well, I grew up listening to bands that all played LP's into Marshalls. I realized I have never owned either one. I have decided to buy both. The amp will likely be a jcm 800, cause that was my era. In researching amps though, I cam across the bogner blue pedal. Seemed very interesting and looks like it gets that tone. It's tempting to get a pedal vs an amp (due to cost). The bogner red looks good too,

Do you have any clips of the blue?

I've heard the Plexidrive of this and it sounded good!!

http://www.weehbo.de/

Here's the JCM version:

http://www.weehbo.de/201.html

For what it's worth, that's pretty much what I bought the Bogner Blue box for.

Having a strong Marshall background from the 1980s, I'm always torn between the Mesas I now have and that inner craving for a vintage Marshall (1980s or older). So far I have been trying to use various pedals as stopgap measures... some pretty highly appreciated boutique ones too.

The Bogner Ecstacy Blue pedal is the one I have had the best success with. And certainly the distortion pedal I love the best.

It especially excels at Plexi-style sounds. When I originally got it and tried it on the clean channel of my revision G Dual Rectifier...I got such stellar Plexi sounds from it that I forgot to use any other sounds from the Recto! Even though the songs we played were really intended for them.

For the more distorted Marshall sounds, the Bogner Blue is not quite as convincing IMO. It still sounds very, very good. But it's not that authentic Marshall crunch. Similar in a way, yes, but not quite the same. OTOH, the pedal has an awesome selection of pots and switches to help you sculpt your tone, so it's not like you'll run out of options quickly with this pedal. It's really like three or four different crunch boxes in one.

No sound samples, sorry. I don't have the room for any decent recording equipment in my home (small kids and all their stuff takes room).

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking for something that puts my Mark V in a plexi or JCM 800 tonal range. I can get close enough into twin territory that this may work for me. I don't want to live in Marshall land all the time. Mesa is where I prefer being. But every once in a while I do like to vacation to Marshall land. 8) :lol:

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back