Best/Worst Mesa Dealer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Long & McQuade certainly wins no points from me.

About 8 months ago I spot a LSC head in their rental section, but it's still marked at full price. Decide to ask them what the deal was, and they told me that it was brand new and never been rented. A week later the price drops by $500, and they tell me that it's been rented once. So I decide to jump on the opportunity.

I also order a matching 2x12, which should arrive within a week. So a week passes I give them a call. Sorry cabs not in yet, we had to order from Mesa, so give us another week. Two weeks have passed, another call. Not in yet, they promise to call their Mesa rep and call me back. No call back. Call again, same story. Finally speak to a manager. He tells me he has no clue why they said two weeks as Mesa typically takes a long time to send them orders. So I cancel my order and order a cab from a retailer in another province. 2 days later and I can finally play my new LSC.

Immediately I notice that the power light is burnt out, and two days later the amp starts cutting in and out. Go to the nearest L&M, who proceeds to throw a fit since I didn't actually buy it from their branch, but eventually convince them to help out and save me from an hour drive to the one I buy it from. They send it to the repair guy who fixes the light, but insists the tubes are fine. So a week has passed and L&M has it back for me to pick up. I test before bringing home and within 20 seconds the power cuts out. So nothing had been resolved and that L&M branch basically said we've done enough, take it to the branch you bought it from.

Call the manager of the place I bought it from, and he finally just said, take it to the repair center yourself and bring us a bill when it's done. Another week passes and what do you know, it was indeed a power tube that was gone. Get it back, and a few days later more problems. This time the FX loop.

At this point, L&M realized that they had entered the serial number wrong. Your amp isn't a few months old with 4 1/2 years of warranty. It's 4 years old with 3 owners and many many rentals and you've got a little less than a year on your warranty, and no, even though you've only had it in your home working for a few days at best we will not refund you since we sold it to you a month and a half to two months ago.

On top of all that it took them almost 5 months to get the footswitch and cover they had promised me before I even bought the thing.

A big thumbs up to Mothers Music in Alberta, the manager took the time on his day off to track down the cab I wanted, sort out my order and have it at my house 2 days later.

ziehmrd said:
One good thing about Guitar Center is that they have a 30 day return policy. I wouldn't buy any amp off the floor though. I have them order it and and leave it sealed and untouched till I pick it up at the store.

Right, the floor models are always beat to ****. Usually powered on with a speaker load. Hit/beat/knocked around. If I were to ever buy from them, I'd ask for one in the back still in a box or have them order it.

Best Mesa dealer in the Detroit suburbs is MotorCity Guitar

It's really hard to find anything but GC's here in Dallas...used to not be that way :(

I've done pretty well at the North Dallas GC...with my Ace and my Express as well; they let me take the floor model home when I bought it!! Then called me a week or two later when a brand new one came in for me...cool ehh!! :mrgreen:

Just a few miles away at Plano GC, I avoid that place whenever possible. It's like a teenage daycare on weekends! I've seen moms pull up in big SUVs and let 5 or 6 teens out and just drive off....crazy!! Then they all go in and pretend to be James Hetfield....just stay away!!!

Latest posts

Back