Best Rackmount processor for my Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchman

Reaction score
What rack mount unit works beat with Boogie? Roland? Boss?
I have a Yamaha SPX900 that works beautifully with my 69' Super Bassman, buy sounds like ***** with my boogie. I love the natural Boogie tone of my MKII2B but I still want to experiment... Just looking for Ideas thoughts and suggestions. Stomp Boxes are out......just to dirty for recording......

Hi Dutchman,

I am a big fan of the Rocktron Intellifex. I have used it for a long time with my Studio Preamp and 20/20 poweramp in a stereo configuration.

Guitar -> Studio Pre (mono out) -> (mono in) 20/20 poweramp (stereo out) -> speaker cabs.

The Intellifex is listed regularly on ebay. Assuming you are are dutch (moniker?) you could do a search for it on www.marktplaats.nl and www.speurders.nl. I have seen the Intellifex advertised there qute regularly for a reasonable price.

Cheers,

-Humphrey

Guitar -> Studio Pre (mono out) -> (mono in) 20/20 poweramp (stereo out) -> speaker cabs.

:lol:

Guitar -> Studio Pre (mono out) -> (mono in) -> Intellifex (stereo out) -> 20/20 poweramp -> speaker cabs.

I don't know what your needs are but I have used a Roland SDE1000 for years. Guitar>studiopre> SDE1000> pwramp

It has four presets, It's a little limited but if you only need a couple of delays or a little mdulation it's really good.

I will also give a nod to the intellifex. My buddy used one with a Quad pre for a couple of years.

Scott

Thank You, I will try to find a Rocktron Intellifex to trial.

Boogies Rock!!!!!!

Hi,
since Mark Series Amps have a serial FX most of , even highclassed ones, don´t work as good as the intellifex does.
To get the best results, you have to switch off the HUSH and then set the dry part of the intellifex to arround 100. Add effects then accordind to your taste, start at arround 20 - 30.
If you use intellifex this way, your original signal is left analog while passing the intellifex. Only a part of the signal is used for the digital effects and gets added.
That´s the main reason why intellifex is far the best choose for all amps and pramp - poweramp combinations where no true parrallel FX is available. It´s in the intellifex.
Chorus is best in intellifex and T.C.electronics.
Reverb is very good in the intellifex, but there are a lot of good ones.
Intellifex has ducking delay, that´s very cool, some other high-class units do have this, too.
I don´t use other effects, so I never missed anything. Maybe you do.
The dynamic range of the intellifex still is the best on the marked.
I owned: Yamaha, Digitech, Alesis, T.C.electronics .....
By the years I sold them all, even the G-Major.
My Intellifex is still there, it is the best, if you play Boogie Amps.
They are on german or netherlands ebay for arround 250,- - 350,- Euros.

Maybe you can try an intelliverb also. They are a little better than intellifex, but hard to find and a little more expensive.

That´s my experiance of the last few years, ´hope you can use it.

Keep on rockin´

I run an Eventide Eclipse into a MKII B's loop and am pleased. I typically only use "time-based" effects as I agree the tone is there already!.

..timg

So the "best" way to inset the Intellefex effects unit is thru the effects loop?? Right now I plug guitar into a Yamaha GC2020C Compessor then into the Amp V1. This is a sweet compressor and a good noise gate also. Very clean. That's it, the rest is Boogie.
I've been searching for Intellefex unit, the units for sale seem to have troubles with them so I have not purchased one yet. Rocktron offers the Xpessions effectsrack mount., any thoughts on this unit?
The Eventide unit is nice but not in my budget range.

Thank You all for your help.

I use a G Major in the loop and am quite pleased with everything. No tonal loss and superb effect quality.

Yep, +1 for the TC rack processors. I use a G-Major in my gig rig, and a G-Force in the studio rack. Great stuff, and I don't notice any tone degradation at all. I tend to use efx on the subtle side, but I love what the TC stuff can do.

Latest posts

Back