Best cabinets for Roadster/Recto sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiSeRY

Reaction score
I currently have an oversized Mesa cab with V30's that I'm trying to unload, as it is just waaay too much of an effort to try and dial in good, solid low end punch with my 2Ch Recto. Does anyone have experience with tighter, more focused cabs for an amp like the Roadster or the Recto. My buddy has a Mark IV that sounds tight with just about any cab, but throw my Recto on the same cab and it's farting left and right. Any suggestions? Diezel, Avatar, etc.?

Thanks

i really liked the three quarter back 1x12 w/ my Roadster head. I put a V30 in it and it sounded phenomenal. I would have loved to have heard a 2x12 three quarter back. I tried out several cabs at the music store and the three quarter back was my favorite...

MusicManJP6 said:
i really liked the three quarter back 1x12 w/ my Roadster head. I put a V30 in it and it sounded phenomenal. I would have loved to have heard a 2x12 three quarter back. I tried out several cabs at the music store and the three quarter back was my favorite...

yeah, i've heard that. however with my band, i pretty much have to play with a 4x12 and it doesn't seem that either the standard or traditional will find a happy medium with regard to low end punch.

if you want tight with a very clear tone check out the Basson 2x12 or 4x12.... i know its mdf but the cabs sound awesome... there is a lot of clarity due to no coloring by the cab and the eminence legends..... and right now basson is doing a special 550 for their 4x12 shipped which is an awesome deal because in my experience it blows away many cabs twice its price.... BTW stay away from the diezels.... they sound awesome but they're not the tightest cabs in the world with a recto

jdurso said:
if you want tight with a very clear tone check out the Basson 2x12 or 4x12.... i know its mdf but the cabs sound awesome... there is a lot of clarity due to no coloring by the cab and the eminence legends..... and right now basson is doing a special 550 for their 4x12 shipped which is an awesome deal because in my experience it blows away many cabs twice its price.... BTW stay away from the diezels.... they sound awesome but they're not the tightest cabs in the world with a recto

thanks for the heads up on the Basson cabs. i've never heard of them, but the reviews that i've read sound really great.

jdurso said:

where are they having that deal? it doesn't seem like you can order them from their website. thanks

A person on this board told me the AVATARS are really good. I checced into the and they have alot of options for speakers. worth a look!!!

I dumped my oversize Boogie cabinet in favor a Genz Benz G-Flex cab. They have GB's own V30's, and with the four bass ports per cabinet, there is ridiculous amounts of low end. I had to back off the bass setting on my Dual Rectifier! And the notes really cut thru too. I liked it so much, I found another locally and bought it just for the rare times when I feel I should push more air, or for visual impact! To tell ya the truth, I don't notice any difference when I go from two cabs to one. These cabinets mate really well with Dual Recs- a lot of Boogie users on the forum and others have raved about them.

KillerG-FlexDualRectifierHalfstack.jpg

Latest posts

Back