Back to the big daddy Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just did some testing, with the loop on there is definitely something different in the mids. I know its a generic description but i notice more growl with the loop out. I may be able to EQ that extra mid bump out.

The downside is that without the loop its really tough to adjust volumes, there is 1/16" turn from quiet to loud.

APEMAN said:
dlpasco said:
I've been diming the mid knob and then scooping the bejesus out of the 750 slider. YMMV.
+1
After a long period of 2C mode addiction I changed to the IV mode, trying to set it up to sound more like the 2C - so I set the bright to normal, reduced the gain a bit and increased the bass knob. OmG this amp is so phantastic. I never realized how perfect the IV mode is for leads!
Systematic chaos/LTE sound, perfect for rythm and lead playing. Its like Petrucci said about the V "...a T-Rex screaming into your face".

A lot of people get hung up on the IIC+ and don't realize that the Mark IV mode circuit is pretty much identical. The only differences are the PULL DEEP gets engaged, and the filtering cap that is non-graphic for Mark IIC+ mode gets swapped back to the larger one that was used in Graphic EQ models, letting more bass through and slowing down the feel a bit.

As a lot of people have been saying on here, they would have been better suited labelling the modes FAST, THICK, and LOUD.

IronSean said:
APEMAN said:
dlpasco said:
I've been diming the mid knob and then scooping the bejesus out of the 750 slider. YMMV.
+1
After a long period of 2C mode addiction I changed to the IV mode, trying to set it up to sound more like the 2C - so I set the bright to normal, reduced the gain a bit and increased the bass knob. OmG this amp is so phantastic. I never realized how perfect the IV mode is for leads!
Systematic chaos/LTE sound, perfect for rythm and lead playing. Its like Petrucci said about the V "...a T-Rex screaming into your face".

A lot of people get hung up on the IIC+ and don't realize that the Mark IV mode circuit is pretty much identical. The only differences are the PULL DEEP gets engaged, and the filtering cap that is non-graphic for Mark IIC+ mode gets swapped back to the larger one that was used in Graphic EQ models, letting more bass through and slowing down the feel a bit.

As a lot of people have been saying on here, they would have been better suited labelling the modes FAST, THICK, and LOUD.

Or: Doug West IIC+, Pettrucci IIC+, Extreme.

Channel 3 on my amp has been on Mark IV mode since I bought it. It is absolutely the most juicy and guttural sound I have ever gotten from an amp... Even from my Mark IV!!! No metal here tho.. I play Fusion, Jazz, Blues, Rock, and Latin. This amp nails them all.

Back