Back to reality, and happy about it!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smd24fan

Reaction score
Well, the experiment is over for me. After selling off my Mark V to go to an all Axe FX rig, I'm back in the Mark V fold! Not that I don't enjoy my Axe FX, I just missed the Mark V that much! Looks like the Axe FX will become my effects processor and "B" rig. I was dialing in some seriously great sounds on the Axe, but I missed the raw, all out power, of a true 90W tube amp. Granted, I'm not a wizard with the Axe. Maybe an expert user could have dialed in the Mark tones, but I just prefer the real deal. Also, the older I get I just prefer a simpler and more old school sound I get from a great guitar, cable, and amp with limited effects. Having said that, I am glad to be back on the Boogie Board as a Mark V player, and not former player!

I hear ya man! I lasted a year and a half with only an AXE, but the Mark V nails the tones I was trying to squeeze out of the AXE so back I went. If I could have afforded to keep the AXE it would have been nice, but anyway... Welcome back!

Latest posts

Back