Back 2 Boogie - Mark III content

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocki

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been a Boogie player for more then ten years. The first Boogie I heard was a real revelation and I have been playing Boogies all the time... Until 2.5 years back...
I discoverd the CAE 3+, build a rack around it and finally turned my back to Boogie... Best tone I ever had for what I do.

but... It still stirrid in the back of my mind... I wanted a boogie jst for the smooth, liquid leads and the insane high gain sounds...
Yesterday was the big day.....

I had almost every Mesa amp outthere except for the SOB, MK I, MK III and the ones that are new from the last 5 years...

My first MKIII! A red stripe, Simul class. The simul class toggle has been removed and replaced by something the prvious owner called a powersoak. A toggle and a pot to roll off volume... Anyone knows what this mod is?
I would like to restore it and put 2 el34's in the outersockets...

Nocki

Good score! I traded my Dual for a Mrk III and was kind of on the fence about the tone fitting in with the music my band plays until I tried it with a extension cab (Mine is a 1x12 red st. combo)
These little suckers are awesome. I had to use my III for a very loud gig (Bogner has to go to the shop) and I couldn't believe that a 1x12 could push that much air. I am very pleased, I also know that the CAE stuff is no joke either, looking at a SE+ but, that is when work gets steady :( .
Call Mesa about the simul switch, might be an easy fix for a local repair. I think that going down to the EL34s is a great option to have for smaller gigs but keep in mind it is still loud.
Peace.

Latest posts

Back