Awesome day with the Mark V & I learned something

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldTelecasterMan

Reaction score
Just got done with an October Fest outdoor job. The Mark V was flawless and sheer fun all day.

What I learned? I had my volumes set for each channel so I could breeze from channel to channel with good tone at an acceptable level actually pretty low for my taste. I had the Master set to half 12 O'clock with the channels 2&3 below 9am and the clean set for crystal clean, no breakup and matching the level of the other two channels (remember it was an outdoor job). Half way through the first set the drummer asked me to turn up a little. So instead of bumping up each channel like I usually do I went to the master and bumped it a little. This turned out to be a much better choice. The amp just sounded better. I also used the "Solo" for the first time for leads on a few songs and that worked very well. Channel 3 was cooking with lots of harmonic overdrive even with the volume level on the guitar only about half way up. The sustain was just pure pleasure hearing a note go from a full tone to a harmonic and then just keep going.

The Mark V just keeps sounding better and better.

Glad to hear you had great results!!!

I don't think I could ever go back to using a "solo"-less amp.

Good to hear. I've got my first gigs with the V tomorrow and saturday night. I practiced with it Tuesday night and it was really impressive how naturally it sat in the mix without over powering anything.

Latest posts

Back