The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesD

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this question but here it goes. I am currently in the market to get a Avatar Cabinet 4x12 with V30's in it. When i do get one i was wondering does anyone know if they make a roadcase to fit these cabs? I would like to better protect this cabinet compared to my marshall cab i have now.

I was also wondering, I am looking at geting the metal grill on it. Will this affect tone compared to a cloth front? I like the metal front look, but if it will taint the tone at all i will go with standard cloth. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure about a road case that will fit it. I have a 2x12 Avatar cab and I ended up getting a Tuki Cover for it. Also, I have the metal grill and it has affected tone in any adverse way. I don't hear any rattles or anything like that. They are a good cab, considering the money. I've been happy with mine.

Thanks. That is basically what i was wondering as in did the metal grill create any rattle or excess noise. I figured it wouldn't but now i know!

Road Cases are typically made around the cabinet--so they can make them to anything. The metal will reflect the sound back @ the speaker cone which means it will cancell some of the air waves. Now to what degree and whether or not your ear will hear the difference :?: :wink: ??

Brewski said:
Also, I have the metal grill and it has affected tone in any adverse way. .
???

How has it adversely affected the tone?
What difference do you now hear, with the metal grill?

*EDIT*Disregard...was the post above this here when I posted this? :shock: :?:

If you look closely at the way the metal grill is formed you will see that it does not reflect any sound back at the speaker. In fact IMO it affects your sound less then grill cloth.

cellardweller said:
Brewski said:
Also, I have the metal grill and it has affected tone in any adverse way. .
???

How has it adversely affected the tone?
What difference do you now hear, with the metal grill?

*EDIT*Disregard...was the post above this here when I posted this? :shock: :?:

Oops, I thought that I wrote "does not" affect the tone in a bad way. Just a typo.

+1 for avatar cabs, myself and my bandmate use them, execellent Bang for Buck.

Latest posts

Back