Are you buying the Mark V Just or mainly for the IIc+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you buying the Mark V just or mainly for the IIc+?

• No

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
First off for boogie tone, and all of the options (power settings, voicings, versatility, etc...) Just seemed like everything I could ever want in an amp!

Ridiculous poll ;) If I was in the market for a Mark amp and I had $2000 to spend on a Mark V I'd probably be able to shell out the couple extra hundred bucks and buy a IIC+. I want it all, baby.

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking if you got the cash for a Mark V, you pretty much have the cash for a IIC+

Yeah, if all you want is just the IIC+....well, just buy a IIC+. I want everything with it, the modes, the options, the versatility, etc.

phyrexia said:
Ridiculous poll ;) If I was in the market for a Mark amp and I had $2000 to spend on a Mark V I'd probably be able to shell out the couple extra hundred bucks and buy a IIC+. I want it all, baby.

Not true.....you may want the IIC+ tone + the multitude of power scaling configurations....+ the warranty, + the option to run the IIC+ with all EL34s..

So, not so ridiculous. And if it sounds just like the IIC+ (as has been said), then unless you're a collector, then why buy an old amp, when you can have a brand spanking new one (for much less than just a couple of hundred....try less than $1K)

JAZZGEAR said:
phyrexia said:

Not true.....you may want the IIC+ tone + the multitude of power scaling configurations....+ the warranty, + the option to run the IIC+ with all EL34s..

So, not so ridiculous. And if it sounds just like the IIC+ (as has been said), then unless you're a collector, then why buy an old amp, when you can have a brand spanking new one (for much less than just a couple of hundred....try less than $1K)

Well, we'll see...as far as I can tell, the only place that's been said is in the Mark V manual.

I have a IIc & MK IV, so I don't really need to emulate (or duplicate) those sounds. I bought the Mark V because it was the latest in the line of the coolest amps in the world, and I wanted to have the best MesaBoogie has to offer in this line to date.

So far, so good. The Mark V has a lot more configuration options/possibilities going for it. I've only just begun to scratch the surface of the tones this thing is capable of producing. Fun little amp! It's akin to adding a bunch of new colors to my tonal palate.

MeZa 8)

JAZZGEAR said:
Not true.....you may want the IIC+ tone + the multitude of power scaling configurations....+ the warranty, + the option to run the IIC+ with all EL34s.

Those are exactly my thoughts on the subject and exactly why I bought a V.

I will soon have both-I do not like taking my C+'s out of the house!hopefully, the V will be the workhorse..the one that smells like smoke and *** after a gig-NOT my babies!!
there is something, however, that only time will tell me about the V-and its not about the lead channel!!( of course, my +'s are different. to what West refers to in manual...a Coli and an export tranny....)I am a huge fan of the clean channel and the voodoo of the shared controls..just hope the V gets close, or actually offers its own unique tone!cant wait to see..
..and I, too, want it all, bay-bee!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoopysnorp said:
JAZZGEAR said:
phyrexia said:

Well, we'll see...as far as I can tell, the only place that's been said is in the Mark V manual.

And John Petrucci...

That being said, I'm getting one probably after the new year for the following reasons:

1. The Clean channel - the Mark IV Rhythm 1 was probably the best I've played.
2. The British channel mode - I like the particular attack this kind of Marshall-y circuit gives
3. It's a brand new, modern amp - I'm through with used/vintage gear and have gotten rid of almost all of it that I've acquired.

I'm looking at it because it's Mark tone combined with all the ideas that've been developed over the Lonestar and Roadking lines.

The IIC+ part is a bonus.... considering the improvement to the feature set and the fully independent R1 and R2 I'd probably still buy it if it sounded like a Mark V and couldn't do the Mk IIC+/IV thing.

Latest posts

Back