Anyone try to cop Piotr's tone from Vader?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorn218

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have long since stopped trying to emulate anyone else's tone, but I have to figure this guys tone out. For the life of me I do not know he gets the base of his tone. Well, a Mesa 2ch. Dual is a given. This is what Piotr has used for almost every recording until he switched to Laboga. Even then, the in the studio clips from the Return to the Morbid Reich sessions shows his Dual in the control room.

I have been real curious about how he sets his amp up to get that super tight distortion out of a Dual Rec. Their live tone is very very close to the studio tone. Using less gain on the amp gives you either too much or not enough, but still the overall tone isn't tight like his is. Also when hitting open chords and slower passages, the amount of gain seems to be a lot more than while in the speed picked parts. I know that Piotr uses a Line 6 XT Pro live in concert, but not sure if he has it set up to emulate the studio tone and runs into his amp's effects loop return.

Anyone care to give me some clues? I am looking specifically the guitar tone from Sothis through The Beast in general.

thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back