Anyone here order those Eurotubes...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't crazy about the JJ preamp tubes...too dark for me. I just slapped a quad set of SED 6L6's in my Road King and REALLY like the tone a lot. So to answer your original question...no. (Sorry for the derail. :oops: )

YEah, I got the full retube for my SR solo 50. I like the contrast of these with the stock Mesa ones. THe pre-amp JJ's seem to have more character and body. THe E34L's sound very nice and crunchy / punchy in comparison to the boomy/thumpy 6L6's.

Hey for $100 I got 5 pre-amp and 4 power tubes (2 E34L's / 2 6L6's). That's a good deal and gives me a nice tonal variety.

Try 'em out!

JA

I get all my tubes from Bob at Eurotubes.com - Highly recommend him. Often he has Boogie tubes prepackaged for your amp so they are just plug and play.

Fully recomend Bob at Eurotubes. He can match and grade your tubes for any amp, more headroom, or earlier breakup. The JJ's sound fantastic and so far they've lasted me a good year and a half of heavy playing without any loss in tone. Hes a great guy to deal with as well.

+1 for Bob,

I just got a full set for my LSS. The JJ's are a lot darker, but the clean channel is still superb. He knows his stuff, and will help you out.

(for the canadians. www.thetubestore.com, same price and you don't have to pay the taxes when the box crosses the border. **** 19 dollar charge.)

I have JJ-6L6's in my Mark IV and my 50/50, and I have set of JJ-ECC83's for my TriAxis that I haven't installed yet. I like JJ powertubes way more then Boogie tubes. I started buying from Eurotubes 4-5 years ago.

Bob sells great tubes. I full recommend his power tubes. I like a brighter tone out of my amps, so I don't particularly care for JJ preamp tubes.

His matching is as good as it gets on his power tubes. Everything that I've ever gotten from him has been within 1 mA in the amps that I own. He takes his time when matching the power tubes he sells.

Dale

And some more good press for Bob and Eurotubes! I have his hi-gain front end kit, and the GZ34/5AR4 rectifier tubes in my Triple and the improvement is astounding. Have also tried the ECC803 in V1 with excellent results...improved highs and upper mids with no noticeable loss of lows or tightness issues. Cant wait to try his 6L6's, although the SED/Svet's (mesa STR 454) are pretty **** good too.

nocluejimbo said:
Can anyone find a full kit on his website for a Mk. II?

If you don't see a complete kit, contact him and tell him what you're looking for and he'll put together a matching set for you. Make sure to specify whether you want High Gain or more clean headroom.

Brewski said:
nocluejimbo said:
Can anyone find a full kit on his website for a Mk. II?

If you don't see a complete kit, contact him and tell him what you're looking for and he'll put together a matching set for you. Make sure to specify whether you want High Gain or more clean headroom.

Do you suppose the kits for a II would be any different than for a III? As far as I can tell, they are pretty close in format.

I'll be due for a retube this winter holiday, I'll make sure to keep Bob in mind.

Back