Anybody getting any mileage out of 10-watt modes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBG200

Reaction score
I used 10-watt mode at band rehearsal the other night. No effects, hard bypass, 6L6s, V30 combo, Clean/Mark I/Extreme. Sounded amazing. The last few days I've been putzing around at home with Crunch and Mark II (triode) modes and will probably try those this week at practice. I'm looking for some cool 10-watt settings to gig with. I think I was pretty close last week but had to use some pretty crazy settings, e.g. Mark I bass & treble all the way off, presence all the way up (still there was too much bass in the sound), and in Extreme, both treble and presence completely off to keep brightness under control.

Anyway, just seeing what anyone else has been up to...

I use the tweed mode in 10w. I love it with my fender jazzmaster. I keep the gain around 1 o`clock. I`ve found that its a great sound for that barky, slightly dirty, riffin and rollin. I really don`t have a steady eq because it changes on the room. But the ball park I have the trebles and presence around 3 o clock, bass at 8 oclock and mids at 11 o`clock. some time i use the preset eq but its on the footswitch and I`ll add it in for a solo sound.

love it!

I've been getting along really well with 45w on all channels, tube rec for CH1&2, and 4 ohm speaker out to my 8 ohm cab.

I like channel one in 10 watt mode for sound low watt power amp break up like a old fender champ. I also like channe 3 in 10 watt/variac power for low,low volume metal riffing.

Use the 10W mode quite a bit especially when I'm recording via Slave out into the DAW. I get a better recording at lower volumes.

Having said that - there is no replacement for the full tone that you get at 90W ..for recording or playing..period:)

HeadlessAxeman said:
Use the 10W mode quite a bit especially when I'm recording via Slave out into the DAW. I get a better recording at lower volumes.

Having said that - there is no replacement for the full tone that you get at 90W ..for recording or playing..period:)
+1. I find that true for all Mesa amps. They sound best (to me) when at full gallop.

I just did some recording using channel 3 in MkIV in 10watt and it was awesome. Just through a mic about 10" from the single 12 closed back and wailed away. This is a incredibly versatile amp!

Latest posts

Back