Any Koch Amp Users Out There?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunnski

Reaction score
Hey guys, I apologize if this is bad form to mention other amps on here but...

I recently picked up a Koch Supernova and have been playing it for a little while. It seems like there aren't too many other people that play Koch amps and I've had no luck searching online for a Koch users forum. Does anyone on here know if a forum exists for Koch amps? The Supernova is extremely tweakable as far as tone options go but the manual is lacking in the area of suggested sample settings and in-depth explanations of the channels. Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss these amps but it seems like there isn't so if anyone knows of a forum or has some experience with the amp, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks!

Oh yeah, and the reason I posted here in the Rectifier section is that the Supernova does remind me a lot of the Road King/Roadster. Huge low end with a fizzy top-end if the gain and presence are cranked up. Lots of voicing switches...not channel specific like the Road King but can be engaged and disengaged over any of the 5 channels. I think I still prefer the Road King but maybe just because I've had way more time to spend on tweaking it.

There is no Koch forum that I know of... I used to own a 01 Multitone... great amp but ultimatly and foolishly I sold it... I'm picking up a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Roadking V2 nex week.

I've played a few Koches myself. Prefer their lower gain offerings. In fact, I prefer their clean channels over their gain channels in some cases...

Alright, finally some replies. I thought I was the only one this side of the pond attempting to use these amps. :)

I gotta say it definitely sucks not having any users forum or product support for Koch. Especially when I'm sitting in the same time zone as the lads in Petaluma. I have a feeling my Koch is not going to get much playing time out of me especially since I just picked up my new Dual Rec.

5 Channels!!?!?? It might be good but in amps sometimes less is more. Look the soldano slo for example.

Oh, don't worry. I'm not saying 5 channels is anything special. I was just trying my best Nigel Tufnel impersonation. :D

Koch did take an interesting approach to the multi-channel amp with the Supernova. I know a lot of us Mesa guys complain that you can't footswitch between different modes in the same channel (i.e. raw/vintage/modern). What Koch decided to make is 5 channels without any channel specific modes. Instead, they have a few global switches for bright, hi-cut, low , and mid-shift that you can turn on or off per channel and save all setting as part of a midi preset. So, you're never limited as far as what kind of preset you can footswitch into.

However, all 5 channels have a similar tone with just different levels of gain, they're not nearly as diverse sounding as channel 2 in the Mark V (for example).

A friend of mine let me try one for about a week. It was a two channel 50 watt with a similar layout to the Mark Series. It did not have much mid range punch even with the mid knob dimed. I use the mid range heavily and that's one of the reasons I like the Mark series so much.

Latest posts

Back