Almost giddy about my F-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyp

Reaction score
:lol: Well I got to jam with some friends the other night and my F-50 kicked butt. The cleans on this thing really do sound great. The other guitar player has an old Fender pro reverb. The drummer said he had a hard time telling the guitars apart at times. The 2nd channels is also pretty impressive.

I was thinking that maybe I needed to do a pickup swap, not now. Very full sounding.

Mikeyp,
I don't know if that's the right word; but what the heh. I've owned my F-50 combo for two years last month and I bought it used. It hasn't let me down once. Make sure you check out the 'F50 lounge' on the H-C forum. There's a lot of good info there.
Have fun with your new amp!
N-50+3, Mike A.

Congrats on the amp! I have an F50, and love the overdrive channel. I spend more time there, then on the clean channel. It has a nice thick, smooth tone. Great for lead guitar!

I'd love to try it with a cab, even just a 112. It's not practical for what I'm doing right now though. Just jammin with some friends.

How good a cab does it have to be?

I picked up an Avatar open back 2x12 with the vintage 30 and G12H30. It's the same as their $289 special, except got the black grill to be a closer match to my F-50, so it was $319. I couldn't afford a Mesa cab, so I went this route. It gives the amp a lot more depth and broader dispersion on the sound. I usually play my Strat HSS, but tried my Taylor acoustic with it last night. It sounded rich, clean, and clear. The other guys really liked it as well. When playing the Strat on the dirty channel, it'll kick pretty well without being harsh.

Back