All wireless users must read this

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottkahn

Reaction score
If you're in the USA and have certain wireless products for guitar, vox, or in-ears, your existing gear may be ILLEGAL to operate as of June 12 last week. We just published this important special report on the topic, and I would encourage everyone to pass the link around to people you know.

We clear up all the discussion about 700 MHz issues and White Spaces issues, which some of you follow, and some of you may have no idea about the drastic changes taking place.

Thanks,

Scott

homepage_700MHz.jpg

http://www.musicplayers.com/features/general/2010/0610_700MHz.php

I heard about this. SO! FREAKING! LAME!

What an *** move by the government. Stupid wireless devices can go find their own frequency band to operate in.

Ho hum. Sorry, very old news. This has been common knowledge for at least a year. Even on-line catalog merchants like Sweetwater have publicized this. :roll:

It doesn't affect newer units like the the Line 6 Relay series though, that's why I use a Line 6 Relay G30. They use the 2.4 gigahertz band so there is no clashing with any other frequencies and they're a big improvment in sound quality over any unit I've had previously. Very reasonably priced also. 8)

America is in total organized chaos. There is no order except for the New World Order. Novus Ordo Seclorum. It cannot be stopped.

Thanks for the heads up on the wireless thingy.

It's amazing that we even have to think about this crap.

But then I still couldn't live without wireless in my rig.

There shouldn't be. Even the original X2 series left your tone intact. Wireless gear today is pretty solid stuff. You MIGHT hear a difference with some wireless systems if a) you rely on your volume knob for changes in your tone (and routinely play with the volume rolled down) and b) you play in a studio setting all the time. In the context of a live situation, you'll never hear the difference between a pro wireless system and a good cable. We've tested a lot of products and just can't hear a difference on much of the pro gear.

We haven't tested the new relay line yet, but considering how clean the previous generation was, and seeing how well built the new line is, I expect great things from it.

I've been using the Line 6 Relay G30 for several months now and it's been flawless. No drop outs, fading, noise, or crackling. And it's easy to switch guitars without the thump you get when unplugging the cable like you get when using a regular cable. You simply switch off the transmitter pack, switch guitars, and turn the transmitter back on, noiselessly. As far as signal quality goes IMO it's BETTER then any guitar cables I've ever used. It's also better on batteries then any other wireless I've had.

Latest posts

Back