A sad sad day in Shreddsville..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

212Mavguy

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bummer!

Sorry to hear such bad news,hopefully things will turn around for you soon.Best of luck.

I feel for you man...

I almost want to buy it, put it aside and wait for you to recover to sell it back to you...

But I'm not that rich... Try selling it to a trustworthy friend who could do that for you, sort of lending you the $ with collateral...

Best of luck, and whatever happens, it's not the end of the world. Pick up the pieces and start over if need be. The economic slump won't last forever.

Marc

Prayers for a turn around in the luck department are coming from me as well. Certainly hope things look up soon.

Hey Shredd6

I don't know what to say except that I feel your pain! You have the same 2 channel DR as me. You bought yours new I bought mine used. Mine was made in 2000. This hurts pretty bad. You have to do what you have to do. I foresaw this **** recession 1.5 years ago.

The main people to blame are oil hungry crones. Sorry to say if the oil producing countries, investors and the oil companies didn't go on a rampage with selling oil at ridiculous prices. Everything wouldn't have not gone up in price SO BAD, including labor! Everything is trucked to the stores if I remember correctly and that takes diesel doesn't it. There are so many prices increases a consumer can take without any raises to their pay. Then people start to go broke after they borrow too much money to try to stay afloat.

I thought $60 a barrel of oil was way too much to pay. Even at $40 today it is ALOT. But $147 a barrel, come on somebody is smoking some bad weed my friends!!!!! China and India growing a a fast pace and using more and more oil was complete BS. An excuse to inflate the prices just like the BS in Georgia Russia. Russians profit from this because they produce OIL and ALOT of it.

I lived through the 1990 recession and the mini one after Sept 11. Both times I was laid off. Both times I tightened the belt really hard!!! So today, this is nothing new to me. You just happen to be in a booming industry. I was in the IT industry in 2003 when I got my pink slips. That was booming back then. In 1990, I was a really young buck, 18 years old, didn't know better.

The only advise I will give to you and everyone here is that when things are looking way too expensive THEY REALLY ARE and expect a very bad recession right after. Do not spend, choke hold the scammers (oil compaines) no matter how much it hurts to do so. I canceled my driving vacations because I didn't feel like giving my North American dollars to OPEC or Russia. Prepare and make sure you have some cold hard cash on hand. If not, you are in trouble.

Sorry for the rant but it is all true my friends. People tring to get rich quick and everyone else's expense.

NWOFORLIF

Im a painter working in new construction. Im feeling the effects too. Though i am barely scraping by. Barely. Best of Luck to you.

Hey Shredd6,
I sure wish you the best of luck and A+ for nwoforlif.....Too bad things happened that way!!!!!!
Be sure that good times will come again....the sooner will be the better
Bye and have a great Christmas vacation you all,
Normand.

My advice is to become a Republican. An "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" type dealio! :mrgreen: One thing you can be sure of... the ignorant shoe throwin' Iraqi dum-arse ain't got no Boogie, no hopes of ever havin' a Boogie, or enough foresight to even want a Boogie. He's a Peavey solid state lovin' camel-jockey p.o.s. if I ever seen one. Stupid hopeless bass-derds that they are!

That's a good one Shredd. :mrgreen: But would he know what to do with it? :wink: On second thought, I think we've given them quite enough free chit as it is. F_ them and the camel they rode in on! :p

Bush is already used to ducking in public. He knows that what he did was for profit for his own, friends and families pockets. He looked quite ready ducking the shoes flying at him. I watched the video on cnn. I would only buy more shoes if they were made out of solid iron. Makes sure it hurts quite a bit on contact then.

NWOFORLIF

shredd6 said:
Griz said:
That's a good one Shredd. :mrgreen: But would he know what to do with it?
I don't know..Sell it and buy more shoes?? :D

As usual you democrats have your heads buried in the sand.Clinton is the one who deregulated the banking industry,and people like Obama pushed the banks to give loans to people who cant repay them,so lets put the blame where it belongs.If you remember,the economy was doing great until the democrats took control in the middle of Bush's second term,but it cant be thier fault,I cant wait to here the bitching when Pelosi and her cohorts start giving your tax $$ to the poor unfortunate illegal aliens she is so concerned with.God bless America,no matter who we elect to run it,and anybody that throws a shoe or anything else at any Prsident should be executed as an enemy of the state,funny,but if it werent for Bush liberating those Iraqis,that ******* would have been shot on the spot,or maybe slowly tortured to death.Sorry for the rant,and thats all I'll say on the matter.
Again,Shredd,I am sorry to hear you are having troubles,but as always this country will come back again,and like we have had to do in the past,we just gotta suck it up and hang in there.

Whoa! Now, easy guys! We are all on the same side here, right?

Lotsa good points brought up, but gettin' a bit political for a guitar amp forum (a little?)......don't get me wrong, it's OK to sound off your opinions. They are all equally important!

So I'll throw in my $.02....both the left AND the right got too greedy and stubborn. This country became great because of our ability to compromise and accommodate both sides as best we could.
Now we tend to stay to the extreme left or right and no one wants to budge....a country divided.
In the meantime, all the jobs go to China and we have "formerly employed & contributing to society" people livin' in the streets.

And our favorite amp maker has to use Chinese parts just to stay afloat and compete with the Chinese amps.

Now that really sucks!

Old BF is right,lets leave the politics to the politicians,and keep rockin' as best we can in these tough economic times.

Thanks for the kind words,Shred,but in a way we are all in the "same league" here.If Mesa is your favorite amp,and it seems it is,you will be back,in fact,I dont suspect you will go very far.I see your back-up is a Fender,well to be honest I am not a big fan of Mesa,I do own a couple,but they get very little use.I hang here because it is tube oriented and the people here are cool.Fenders are my area,been tooling with them since the mid '60's,so if you ever need help with yours,feel free to email me.I know they arent the best for metal tones,but with a box in front of the amp you'll be okay till you can get back to a Mesa.Good luck,hope things get better for you soon.

I have my opinions and I post them, but frankly not as eloquently as yours, shredd...at least to me and surely to others as well. Bless you on your path and I totally agree with you regarding Thom and Stokes. Solid as can be. peace.

As the world turns we only have one life to live for all my children .

lol sorry fellas but I enjoyed this thread and Shredd like they say

"you are a man now Toby!"

Good luck

My sentiments exactly Shredd6.

The mud goes way bye bye with the right NOS or UOS tubes.

I do disagree with you on the the DR being a simple design to a point. The new ones after 2000 are very much different as they use A LOT of solid state op amps in the preamp and loop stages. This does not exist in the 2 channel design. The 2 channel design is pure tube from one end to the other. I have looked at both schematics to see this for myself. I really don't give a **** about other peoples opinion on this. I have proved this to myself. This is added on crap Mesa really should have left out but they were trying to fix the clean channel I bet.

I also can tell you my amp like yours is as good as a Rivera knucklehead with these tubes minus the clean channel. I have A/B'ed a Rivera KH, 2 channel DR, and 3 channel DR.

If you buy another one in the future buy the same 2 channel you just sold not a 3 channel. BTW you got really raped on your amp. At least by $300. WOW. I can't believe the fleecing's in the USA right now. I feel really bad for you dude. If I didn't have the exact one already I would have bid on it.

You should have kept your auction short and sweet. People do not like reading several pages of bla bla bla. I found I made the most money on flea bay when I followed this.

NWOFORLIF

Latest posts

Back