A Custom Light for my 2 chan. Trip. Rec.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliensExist4

Reaction score
I want to have a neon light or something shining through my heat vents in front of my 2 channel triple rectifier. Does anyone know what I could use and how to hook it up? Thanks

- Patrick

First off you don't want neon lights in your head unless you like excessive noise and hum. You are better off going with LED lights. You can probably go to radio shack or similar and pick up a kit that lights up in different colors or does patterns. A really cool idea would be to get one that reacts to sound. You can probably power it with a wall wart or battery.

I know in Japan some of the 'Sears' type stores sell electronic kits that you build yourself for about 10-20 bucks and it can do patterns and other neat things. These type of kits may require soldering but some may be pre built. Good luck.

I WANT TO DO THAT!!! I have wanted to do that for years, but never thought of a way to do it. LEDs are a smart way to go.

would these work?

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Led_strips.htm

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Ledbars.htm

There is also a sound control I found at the bottom of the page.

triple rectumfrier said:
bump. any input? plus can you replace the power light? I've seen other recto's with Blue light which is pretty neat...

I have seen the blue light as well and thought it really looked cool as well.

mrdylan said:
triple rectumfrier said:
bump. any input? plus can you replace the power light? I've seen other recto's with Blue light which is pretty neat...

I have seen the blue light as well and thought it really looked cool as well.

any idea where to go to get one? or is it just a bulb we have to get? if so what kind of bulbs are these? i am guessing it'll be in the manual...ill take a look tonight

You can buy a replacement "jewel" from the mesa boogie store online. They are pretty cheap.

The LED bar would probably work best. You need to remember you will need a 12V power supply. (I do not recommend trying to wire into the amps power as there probably isn't a 12V spot and even if there is you may end up drawing too much power from the amp) You also need to make sure that the 12V power adapter can supply enough current for the number of LEDS. Looks like these draw 65mA per bar. Many adapters only do about 200-300mA. Some more expensive ones do more. Then you would need to probably modify the cord of the power adapter so it can connect to the light bar since the dont have a standard 2.1mm x 5.5mm plug.

Fairly simple if you know what you are doing. :p

Ya I changed my power bulb to a purple jewel. I like it better than the red and gives it a little more custom look.

- Patrick

http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/jewell-light.html thanks guys i found the light now im gonna buy one. hitting up radio shack hopefully tonight for an LED kit, if they dont have it I am going to order from that site above

Oh cool. I just bought a purple one from Mojo Music Supply. Didn't know Mesa sold them.

Latest posts

Back