50/50 fron 220V to 110V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xochitl

Reaction score
Hello,

I moved from Europe to Canada (Montreal) and took my 220V 50/50 with me. Does anyone know if it's possible to mod the 50/50 so it could work on 110V without an external transformer?
I opened it in hope I could see some feature like in the 20/20 but it wasn't conclusive.

If anyone also knows a good technician to possibly handle this job in Montreal, his advice woulb be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Looking at the schematic:- http://www.tubefreak.com/50502.gif your fifty/fifty looks like it will be fitted with the export version transformer so it will only work with 220/240V.

Your best bet will be to get on to Boogie and see if they can supply a replacement US transformer. You'll also have to change the fuse and what looks like a varistor... Sorry its not an easy one!!!

PS... If you do change it, I'll gladly buy your old 220V transformer from you!! ...just so happens I'm on the lookout for one.

Thanks for the answer. :)
My daydreaming is over :roll: : I was hoping for an easy lead as the 20/20 mod, but after having opened the rack I wasn't believing it anyway.
I'll look for a technician in Montreal now to have an estimate (I was also planning to mod a Marshall JMP1 which is easier), but I believe I will stick to an external transformer for both. I'll just have to be careful to chose the right one not to fry my gear (hem).

BTW,does anybody know the input energy needed for the 50/50? I do understand the output is 2x50 watts, but I didn't see for sure how much input the amp needs?
I bought a 200 Watts voltage converter but I'm afraid to use it with the JMP1 and the 50/50. :oops: Don't want to fry anything.

Mesa said 350w when I asked. But this power is needed when turning on your amp, after that I've measured less wattage (but can't remember how much).

Latest posts

Back