3ch Recto switching with fcb1010 and g-major

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumas

Reaction score
Got a 3ch triple rectifier and g-major with behringer fcb1010 midi pedal.

Searched google but read alot different stuff about switching, read a post on tc homepage that i would destroy mesas switching electronics if i use a y cable from gmajor.

I guess i could do this.

Fcb1010 has 2 mono relays, if i use mono cables to recto external channels 1 and 3 i can switch all channels because channel 2 is default?
my g major has a stereo relay, but it would be safe if i use 1 mono cable to rectos external fx loop switch?

All i need is to switch three channels and loop on/off ... the solo volume option my g-major can handle with preset volume.

Some guys here have done this with the G-Major, but both Mesa and TC Electronics will tell you not to.

The problem is using a common ground with the external switching of the Triple, and both the G-Maj and FCB1010 use a common ground switching system. The FCB1010 might have two 1/4 jacks, but their grounds are common, just like the TRS jack in the G-Maj.

I was not willing to risk my $2K amp so I use a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher for channel switching and the G-Maj's relays for FX Loop and Solo.

Dom

ok thanks.

I was thinking about getting voodoo labs control switcher just to be sure.

You mean it's ok to use g-major relays for fx loop and solo?
if you have a voodoo labs switcher, you can use it to switch fx and solo also?

Thumas said:
ok thanks.

I was thinking about getting voodoo labs control switcher just to be sure.

You mean it's ok to use g-major relays for fx loop and solo?
if you have a voodoo labs switcher, you can use it to switch fx and solo also?

Yes you can use the G-Major (or FCB1010) to switch FX Loop and Solo.

The Voodoo Labs Control Switcher can be used to switch any of the amps switchable features.

Dom

Latest posts

Back